Arrived today.....

Koops

SBH Member
And what I call a bucket list starter.... landing in WinAir from over the beach & not over the roundabout. Only downer so far is LeSelect is completely closed up. A server at Eddy’s said it’s a temp shutdown, but at first sight it looks like it’s gone. Hope I’m wrong. Ok, a week of mastering the art of doing as little as possible! I’ll keep posting.

Welcome. I saw one Winair plane land over the beach yesterday, an unusual occurrence. I see many Tradewind flights land over the beach, but yesterday was the first Winair flight that I can recall seeing do so.

Le Select is on a 30-day Timeout by order of the Prefect.

After driving around a bit today, the island looks great. Enjoyed the beach near the former Tom Beach Hôtel & might I say they did a nice job. Lot of work still going in toward Eden Rock. Just our 3rd year in a row so I consider ourselves “rookies”. Have a much better feel with a couple trips under our belt. Dinner at Eddy’s last night consisted of the pineapple chicken. Great atmosphere & great food. Complementary house rum shots sent us out really feeling warm & fuzzy..... & looking at the weather around Chicago made us feel even fuzzier. If that storm was 24-36 hours earlier we would have had a tough time getting here. Everything top shelf like usual so far !

Dinner at Eddy’s last night consisted of the pineapple chicken. Great atmosphere & great food. Complementary house rum shots sent us out really feeling warm & fuzzy.....

Check out Quartier Général, QG, at the far end of the street. Owner Hervé, like Eddy, is a longtime SBH restauranteur, with a huge local following. I’ve been there 3 times in the last 10 days. You can find the menu at https://www.access-premium.com/sites/default/files/2018-01/Menu QG.pdf

QG was our place last night. Thanks for the recommendation!

We were there as well! Arrived around 7:30 PM and got seated next to a table of gendarmes. Great food that reminded me of Côté Port, lots of traditional “St. Barth” dishes. The house made foie gras was yummy, as was the tart of the day.

Interesting, Mary Beth . . . QG always seems to have a table of gendarmes there, and they're always super nice if you have an opportunity to engage with them.

By the way, a "stone's throw" from QG is Cafe Gloriette . . . when you're in the 'hood again, stop in and have a snack, breakfast, lunch, smoothie, rhum, wine, or (and?) cocktail! Great little place, with beautiful design.

QG, like Côté Port before it, always seems to have a group of Gendarmes at mealtime, or alternatively a Gendarme picking up a bunch of takeout boxes. It’s good for Hervé’s business, and it’s good for the Gendarmes. Not all of them dine there, but some do, and in various sized groups. What small restaurant wouldn’t like to have an extra 8-16 covers every day?

ha! We were probably 4 tables from you. After you come in that long ramp, we got seated right there. She had the Mahi & I had the prawns in curry. Really enjoyed the way they did the calamari.

Dennis,
We are hoping to hit Café Gloriette before we leave. Are you on the island? Would love to see you.

Koops,
Yep, we were close by! Keep on enjoying!

Are they open for dinner?

I looked at their facebook page but can't tell.............VERY novice facebook user here! (like once every 2 years!)

Café Gloriette is open from 07:00 until 21:00 on Monday through Saturday, and from 08:00 until 12:00 on Sunday. It’s a lighter and healthier menu than most.