Thanksgiving Morning

KevinS

Senior Insider
Sitting on my terrace, it has the look of a beautiful day. There’s a blue sky, with maybe 20% puffy white cloud coverage. Dawn was just before 06:00, and I was up with the Dawn. The only thing that I hear is the crashing of the waves, and the click-click-click of my keyboard (perhaps I should switch over to the softkeys, LOL). There is no wind, the palm fronds aren’t moving. I see one Dawn Patrol surfer, a man today. He’s tearing it up pretty well, with many longer than average rides. I wonder when he will have to leave and go to work.

The light from the rising sun over my right shoulder is doing an amazing job for my view. There truly is something to be said about photographers, painters, and “the right light”. I sit here for hours watching the waves, and the light when the sun is low in the sky, early morning or late afternooon, is the best of the day. I have a better understanding of why Eddie Hirschfield and Ricky G work the hours that they do.

The “croissant cam” mislead me. A 2/3 full parking lot looked good, but there was a line of 12 in front of me. I persevered, and came away with a nice assortment of vienoisseries and a traditional baguette,

Breakfast today will be carb-heavy, with what I purchased at the bakery, and a little yogurt, Lunch will be either Repaire or Crêperie. Thanksgiving Dinner shall be at Maya’s with Amy and Phil.

Tomorrow, that’s almost too soon to think about, but there will be Mussels at Santa Fe...

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Sounds like you’re setting a good pace for the day . . . and finishing with a flourish! Enjoy!

The perfect start to the perfect day on St Barth. Hugs to all around the Thanksgiving dinner table tonight!

Years ago when three of our children were pre-teens, we spent a long weekend in San Juan over Thanksgiving. They still remember having Thanksgiving meal at a Burger King on the way to the beach.

DSCN7541.JPGimages.jpg