Bistro Josephine

dadto6

Senior Insider
Indeed, drove by yesterday afternoon and the entire building is under heavy construction.

Bistro Josephine, the Creole/French restaurant on Rue Victor Hugo, around the corner from Sibarth and next door to sister business Island Flavors, appears to have reopened. Their business hours have been updated to be Lunch Mon-Sat 11:45-14:00 and Dinner Tue-Sun 18:00-21:00.

I've always liked Chef Jean-Paul Adley, who does a nice takeout business with his next-door business Island Flavors, as well as selling food at many island events.

I don't know for sure, but the closure appeared to me to be related to construction of a second floor on the building where Bistro Josephine and Island Flavors are located.

We have always enjoyed dining in at Bistro Josephine but sometimes the flies were out of control. Hope they get a better pest management program in place. Agree, really enjoy Chef Jean-Paul. Great food! Since we are always early birds, nice to have lunch start at 11:45.

Good to read that it's open again. We'll definitely visit next time we're on the island. The conch sausage I had last time we dined there was superb!
P1170104.jpg

I'm with you Jim. Hope they return to offering daily lunch specials.
We enjoyed Grilled Lobster with sweet potatoes on one lunch visit.
Bistro Josephine Grilled Lobster with Sweet Potatoes 11-4-17.jpg
Another lunch visit we enjoyed Tiger Shrimp with potato salad.
Bistro Josephine Tiger Shrimp with Potato Salad 11-4-17.jpg

That looks delightful, Dad! Way better than the protein shake I had for my lunch today!!
:wink2: