BAZ Bar to Open Monday Nov. 5

EddyG

SBH Insider
BAZ Bar will open for the season on Monday Nov. 5 with lower prices and new chefs (one is from Portugal). Jean-Marc wants to attract more locals and so will have Heinekens at 4e, rose' at 6e and lower meal prices. Entertainment is only planned during the Christmas season and the Bucket. It looks better than ever.

BAZ sign s.jpg

Sounds like a smart strategy --- I am sure that locals and visitors alike will appreciate lower prices and new menu choices. Sorry the entertainment will be limited because Jean Marc had some excellent talent over the years at Baz Bar. However, I can certainly understand the economic basis of his decision. Wishing Baz Bar much success!

Many a fun night ended with music and a drink at Baz Bar. It certainly was a great end on March Bucket Nights.

BRING BACK THE FOREVERLY BROTHERS from Newport. My favorite! Just sayin'

The entertainment at Baz has always been part of the island for us with JB stopping by from time to time. Things change. The old Baz will be missed but we understand the decision.

Just looked at their website and it looks awesome How is the food there and in particular the sushi?

loved seeing Nadine there during the holidays a few years back. we hoped that we would catch her there again.

Had dinner last night and all of the food and presentation are perfect. The atmosphere has never been better. David Pridnia from MI and I created a special artwork piece for BAZ 5 years ago and it is now installed. It includes photos of Marius from Le Select and Jimmy B at Select and BAZ. The shape is modeled after the David Wegman sail that is painted on the wall in the back of Select where dominoes are played. Select and BAZ have a long friendship.

DSC09354e.jpg

DSC09345e.jpg

OMG, that is a really beautiful piece and gives such a local feel. The outside sign looks amazing, too. Can't wait to come down and try it out.