Sante Fe re-opens for the season-October 19, 2018

phil62

Senior Insider
Our favorite neighborhood restaurant in Lurin made its 2018 grand opening last night.. Welcome back David and your excellent team!
We had cocktails and this marvelous pre dinner tuna tataki to nibble on.
P1040270.JPG

This lightly dressed Caesar salad had half a hard boiled egg, a strip of bacon, shaved Parmesan cheese, sliced cherry tomatoes and small croutons with fresh crispy Romaine lettuce.
P1040271.JPG

Yes, the Dover sole was on the menu. The whole fish was moist and not drowned in butter. I enjoyed fileting it myself. Sooo good to enjoy and served with creamy pureed sweet potatoes and vegetables.
P1040272.JPG

The chicken breast is wrapped around mushrooms and the rolls are then sliced and served with a wonderful mushroom sauce and surrounded by steamed vegetables.
P1040273.JPG

The sliced duck breast was thinly sliced and served in a honey port sauce. This dish came with heavenly mashed potatoes and veggies.
P1040274.JPG

The after dinner rhum vanille was smooth and delicious.

For the time being this restaurant will be closed on Wednesdays and also on Saturday for lunch. The moules frites will be served on Fridays-if supplies arrive. The frogs legs should be available around the end of November.

Thanks for the expert review guys! Looks delicious and ready for the season......is that chicken with mushrooms a new dish?
2 weeks and counting! Yum :up:

Wonderful report, Phil! Your descriptions of the delicious dishes and photos made us drool! We are counting the days until 4/17/19 when we return to Lurin...Hope you guys will be there then!

Hi Phil,
Super pictures, can not hardly wait to enjoy dining with David and his lovely staff. Everything look superb! Counting down the days...

We've always loved this place and David is an excellent host.
Plan to be there when we're on the island next month.
Thank you for the post

Thanks for the pix, so sharp ! & thanks for mention of the frogs legs returning for Doug, he made same for his dinner over weekend, garlic now leaving the building ! Bugs me to see the not removed part of stem
end on the sliced tomato, like leaving the seeds in the lemon slice. No excuse in my kitchen.

Great report---the food looks better than ever! I don't suppose they put peach melba back on the menu?! I can only hope!

I think it starts as a log shaped chunk that is rotated.

You will have to plan a meet up with the chef.

Our two favorites- l'esprit and Santa Fe. David's blue fish plates on which he places the salads are a great decor for the table. Knowing Phil, we are shocked no photos of desserts were posted- maybe the banana split David used to have and maybe still does and Phil loves?