Spiip34mRoyal HuismanFrers
Sunleigh33mJongertTony Castro
Varsovie31mNautor SwanFrers
Visione45mBaltic YachtsReichel-Pugh
Win Win33mBaltic YachtsJavier Jaudenes
Showing 1 to 33 of 33

https://bucketregatta.com/
March 21-24 2019

Black Pearl, a bigger version of Maltese Falcon that was delivered to her Russian owner earlier this year, should be interesting to see. The story behind the build of Black Pearl is found here.

IMG_0390.jpeg

Izzy, could you please post the dates if you know them?

March 21-24
(I just added dates to original post).

That is wonderful- 33 yachts. Is registration over or could there be more?

Registration is still open. Keep in mind that "the St Barths Bucket Regatta is an invitational regatta. Participation is offered to cruising yachts whose length is 30.5 meters or greater, or those yachts that meet the 90’ Class criteria" so owning or chartering (plan on $100K-400K for the week) a yacht of appropriate size is not a guarantee that you will gain entry. Best to start making inquiries now.

There certainly will be additions and subtractions to the entry list between now and March - I am guessing the final tally will be in a range similar to the current number to something in the high 30's.

Phil Found it
Bucket is March 21 thru March 24, 2019

Now, make plans...it is a wonderful time to be on St Barth

We will be there! Looking forward to being on the island during this time! Usually we visit later in the spring.

Thanks, Izzy. I check the Bucket site throughout the year, but missed the Black Pearl entry. 106m is incredible!!! She will be 2-3x the length of the "average" super yacht in the regatta.

She is going to steal the show---what a beauty,. I can not wait to see her with me very own eyes!

...Black Pearl ...106m is incredible!!! She will be 2-3x the length of the "average" super yacht in the regatta.

Illustrating that point with a pic from 2017 (repost):
IMG_0427.jpeg

Danneskjold, the boat with the skull and crossbones, has an overall length of 32m (105ft) - in the lower range of Bucket entries.

Maltese Falcon is 88m (289 ft) - 18m (60ft) shorter than Black Pearl in overall length.

For reference to boats with more commonly encountered lengths - closest to the camera is Free in St Barth, a traditional Carriacou sloop that has a length of 13m (42 ft).

BTW, to revisit HS reading assignments, Danneskjold is named after Ragnar Danneskjold, the pirate (and hero to some) from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged who described himself as "the man who robs the thieving poor and gives back to the productive rich". A bit more from Ragnar - on why he considers Robin Hood to be the "most immoral and most comptemptible" of "all human symbols" can be found here.

Disappointing those who like them big can be disheartening (or so I hear) but....

Black Pearl is no longer among the listed entries... don't know if this is because of a change of captain for the Pearl or another reason.

Current longest overall length is Hetairos (67m, 220ft). Some may recall Hetairos had a misadventure with a submerged rock in the 2012 Bucket... with a keel 30 feet below water, those rocks can sneak up on you (or so I hear)..

IMG_0500-2.jpeg

For anyone interested, the keel of Hetairos can be retracted to lessen draft... kind of like a Sunfish daggerboard but different... especially when a 120000lb bulb at the end of a narrow fin finds a rock...