JetBlue Announces FLL-SXM Service

KevinS

Senior Insider
Subject to government approval. 1 flight daily. No start date has been given, and I don’t see anything in the reservation system.

A little more info:

Service appears to start on February 14, 2019. Dep FLL 08:00, Arr SXM 11:55. The return times are Dep SXM 12:55, Arr FLL 15:10.

A little more info:

Service appears to start on February 14, 2019. Dep FLL 08:00, Arr SXM 11:55. The return times are Dep SXM 12:55, Arr FLL 15:10.

Great news!
these flights not YET available to be booked.
the timings down are curious - 8am? too early for connections in FLL. I guess they expect local traffic mainly? the 11:55am arrival is SXM is awesome though.
I would rather overnight in FLL than SXM if I was going Jetblue.

That is amazing news. Looks like I will have all new options never considered before. SAN to FLL and FLL to SXM. MIA may be a thing of the past. Overnight in FLL is WAY better if an overnight is required. Looks like they are also operating out of Ontario which is WAY better than going through LAX when we can't get flights out of San Diego. WOW... super happy west coaster over here!!!

Ribbon Cutting for JetBlue's FLL - SXM service, which started yesterday. Flight times have changed a bit.

Capture.JPG

JetBlue is changing their flight times effective May 1. The FLL-SXM flight moves to 10:51-13:57, and the return SXM-FLL flight moves to 14:57-18:10.

Thank you for update Kevin
Too bad, I was thinking could leave after work, late on Friday. Overnight, fly out early and arrive SXM before Noon. Oh well ��

So in October (November not up yet for me) it looks like the Saturday flight from FLL to SXM is 7:46am - 10:14am and only $109!!! This allows for another almost full day in St Barths if we are willing to fly down the night before and stay over. Also allows me to leave Friday from the small airport less than 10 minutes from my house to fly to FLL instead of from JFK. On the way home I would still likely go direct from SXM to JFK though.

This could be a nice option for me since Delta just changed our direct flight home to a transfer thru Atl with a 4 hour layover:(