Tradewind Fares SJU-SBH

thomasj

SBH Insider
hey everyone!
Question for those that travel via PR: have the fares on the SJU SBH route gone significantly up?

I haven't travelled on them since 2016, but the winter 2019 fares seem a lot higher than I remember.

- for the prime time, connecting flights I am seeing $1325 per person - these are the flights that connect to the ex USA Mainland, Canada flights. Or maybe they were always this high? maybe its just my memory.... :wink2:

- now for the off peak flights (that require overnights in SJU in both directions) I am seeing as low as $640 per person.

HMMMMMM

hey everyone!
Question for those that travel via PR: have the fares on the SJU SBH route gone significantly up?

I haven't travelled on them since 2016, but the winter 2019 fares seem a lot higher than I remember.

- for the prime time, connecting flights I am seeing $1325 per person - these are the flights that connect to the ex USA Mainland, Canada flights. Or maybe they were always this high? maybe its just my memory.... :wink2:

- now for the off peak flights (that require overnights in SJU in both directions) I am seeing as low as $640 per person.

HMMMMMM

The rates in 2019, from my experience in recent years (we've been going every year for over a decade), are the lowest in quite some time. For comparison purposes, we've always visited in late May and paid around $1,000 per person roundtrip to travel SJU-SBH on Tradewind. This year, rates for that period look like they are going to be around $600 per person roundtrip. Huge decrease from the prior years.

I do hope that the route is performing well enough for them to keep it. I would hate to have to go back to connecting through SXM. I absolutely love Tradewind!

The rates in 2019, from my experience in recent years (we've been going every year for over a decade), are the lowest in quite some time. For comparison purposes, we've always visited in late May and paid around $1,000 per person roundtrip to travel SJU-SBH on Tradewind. This year, rates for that period look like they are going to be around $600 per person roundtrip. Huge decrease from the prior years.

I do hope that the route is performing well enough for them to keep it. I would hate to have to go back to connecting through SXM. I absolutely love Tradewind!

I think it depends on the time of the day, the prices are different... I think the first flight of the day from SJU > SBH is less expensive and sometimes the last flight of the day; might make it less convenient time wise, but when budget is a consideration then it's worth it....

I think it depends on the time of the day, the prices are different... I think the first flight of the day from SJU > SBH is less expensive and sometimes the last flight of the day; might make it less convenient time wise, but when budget is a consideration then it's worth it....

Ah, yes! You're absolutely right. I was only briefly looking at the "starting" rates for fares, which had struck me as far lower than in the past. Flights during normal times (not the early AM or late PM) are around the same as they've been in prior years for May -- about $450 - $500/pp each way.

Unless you want to spend the night in PR, prime times are the ones everybody is looking at..... the ones connecting with inbound/outbound flights from/to the continental US (noon - mid-afternoon).

At a grand a pop, it quickly becomes an expensive part of the trip for a scheduled service.

Just sayin', our private charter rates (up to 5 passengers) start at $1,990 one way SJU SBH.

At $1990 each way on Caribbean and $1000 per person roundtrip on Tradewind, for a party of 4, it is a break even. We are two and will stick with Tradewind but glad to know about the option.