25 Quarter is now Quarter Kitchen + Cocktail Lab

KevinS

Senior Insider
Quarter.jpg

That cocktail menu looks well priced and very enticing! And the name is easier to remember, too. Thank you for the update! One dumb question:
Is Quartier Général the same as Quarter Kitchen?

No, different places, have only been to QG, quite good, but some have mentioned smokers, so beware when go there !Nothing worse than former smoker ! so far have been lucky with seating at lunch & dinner.

personally not a fan of the use of "lab" in naming a restaurant, however all the best to them!
I ate there with a group my last trip, and while the concept is interesting for SBH, we ALL left very underwhelmed.

Thank you, Nancy, for the head's up about smoking..not sure my allergies could handle it. The food looks great, though! Hopefully, there is an outside part to maybe avoid the smokers? Hope you are OK in Carolina. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

Dine there at 7, before the locals, the big smokers show up. And upon entering ask the hostess to put you in the least likely to get smoke part.

We have dined at 7:00pm on several occasions with no problem with smokers. Just our experience to report upon.

Bob, someone has to be first and we don’t mind starting our evening meal early. It is much more enjoyable dining in a smoke free environment. I get to really TASTE the culinary efforts and enjoy the preparations.

Just a reminder, Quarter Kitchen + Cocktail Lab and Quartier General (QG) are two very different restaurants, separated by several blocks. The current Smoking discussion is about QG. Not to say that smoking may or may not be allowed at Quarter Kitchen (I honestly don't recall) but I do remember an outside smoking area there.

Note about “Quarter Kitchen” . . . the owners — a very nice young couple —have a history of converting part of the restaurant into a “haunted house” each year at Halloween for entertainment (& thrills) of island children. There’s often a long line of children and Moms & Dads with toddlers patiently waiting to go through the darkened space, with eerie sounds & jumping ghosts, to get some candy at the end. It’s a great spot for cute costumed photo ops . . . and if adults ask nicely, they usually can get a beverage at the bar.

Quarter (Kitchen and Cocktail Lab) does not allow smoking inside the dining room or bar, people can smoke on the terrace. The menu has changed substantially and they were reviewed and will be in the new Gault et Millau guide for thé Caribbean.

You can see their new items on Instagram and Facebook.

The Rhum Room will reopen in late October or 1 November from what i was told when i was there last week.