Topolino

Ellen has definitely nailed it! Marigot Bay, Vincent Adam--great fun, food, and owners who knew us and our love for St. Barth's!

Castelets was excellant-very expensive if memory serves me right!!--how about the Layfette Club for lunch!1-anyone remember it!-Most expensive lunch I have ever had!! but the models were worth it!!-LOL

Lafayette Club may have been the most expensive lunch that any of us ever had, LOL. But I don't regret a single one of them either.

And here's the root cause for some of those expensive lunches. Fill the client with booze, and wipe out their price resistance:

Lafayette Club.jpg

My favorite seaside table. Just that when the MC or Visa bills arrived at home we asked WHAT WERE WE THINKING? But went back every trip and enjoyed the food and the setting. We do see George out and about on island quite often.

From Peg's Blog-
[FONT=&quot]When I first set foot on St Barth in 1986, I was introduced to the stuffed Christophine at the now long gone Marigot Bay Club restaurant that was run by Michele Ledée, an affable man who was born in St. Barth. At the time, it was my favorite restaurant; the food and view were wonderful. I also enjoyed watching a handsome young waiter put on his bathing suit, swim out to the lobster trap that had been sunk in the bay, pick the langoustes that his patrons had just ordered for dinner, swim back, and quickly change into his clothes again. (Sorry for the walk down memory lane…)[/FONT]

Peg, I love the walk down memory lane! I, too, remember that! I had forgotten about the christophine there--the best! Therese and Michele always greeted us with smiles! Our first time there was 1985 and Marigot Bay Club was one of our first restaurant visits! We still miss it!

From Peg's Blog-
When I first set foot on St Barth in 1986, I was introduced to the stuffed Christophine at the now long gone Marigot Bay Club restaurant that was run by Michele Ledée, an affable man who was born in St. Barth. At the time, it was my favorite restaurant; the food and view were wonderful. I also enjoyed watching a handsome young waiter put on his bathing suit, swim out to the lobster trap that had been sunk in the bay, pick the langoustes that his patrons had just ordered for dinner, swim back, and quickly change into his clothes again. (Sorry for the walk down memory lane…)

Although I wasn't sure where that post was going when it started with: "I also enjoyed watching a handsome young waiter put on his bathing suit":confused:

That was indeed a great post. Must have been great to experience them going out and getting your dinner "ad hoc":up:

I might have imagined Maya's (opened in 1984) to have come up by now. Disclaimer: I'm not trying to stir-up any controversy :cool:

Maya's is planning an October opening. Rebuilding and staffing were the main issues. I am looking forward to having that restaurant back in our rotation.

Marigot Bay question ! Mutual friends told us they'd gone there when visiting years ago & that the owners wife was from Paoli PA, anyone out there who can confirm that ? We used to live about 7 miles from there in Wayne. We did go there based on Peg Walsh recommendation & I had the christophene & perhaps langouste, I think the christophene made me ill so bad memory of that nite, never back. Vincent Adam was a favorite, and mention of Valentine brought back a memory too as well as Cups. Our 1st ever visit date unknown we had 1st nite "dinner" at Vaval, eventually Andy's...that pizza took forever ! Another couple + kids & maybe a nanny too, probably famous people but who knows ! or cares ! And our 1st 2nd 3rd visits we stayed in a little cottage just below Castelet which we went up to see before the ? fire, h'cane ? And couple times up to Le Patio.