What a way to start

DPSlugger

SBH Insider
Arrived late on Saturday.Princess Julianna is a mess. Settled in Les Basses on Lorient Beach with some provisions from Marche U. Thought we would try Black Ginger but they had just closed for 2 months. Experienced island wide power outage for a couple hours so spent evening at the Villa, and I prepared steak dinner. Monday was lunch at Le Select, then a wonderful dinner at Le Repair. I had the Tagliettell and langouste( lobster, and Wendy enjoyed tiger shrimp and risotto, both very good. She also enjoyed the Creme Brulee and said it was to die for. Tonight we are heading to Santa Fe. Will report later

Welcome to SBH. Within walking distance for you: The Eden Rock “pop-up” restaurant (lunch only . . . drinks ‘til about 4:30). Eating here as I write. About 12 people . . . nice breeze . . . toes-in-the-sand . . . Chamber of Commerce view . . . great fish tacos & corn-on-the-cob, with a Mojito. What’s not to like!

Great 3rd day, shopping for Wendy, lunch at villa. Rosita stopped by with a surprise bottle of champagne, and we toasted her Birthday before her trip to Saba. wendy and I finished our evening at Santa Fe, where Fabid warmly greeted us. I enjoyed the "hot pot" which was shrimp, mahi mahi, clams, mussels in a coconut and lemon grass sauce, and Wendy had the fillet of beef. Everything was delightful. Finished with the house vanilla rum. Another fabulous day on this fabulous island paradise. Must try lunch at the rock. Heading to bakery across from villa for breakfast

Dinner last night at Le Viet Nam. Very cozy and friendly. We started with a glass of Rose, then we shared Vietnamese egg rolls. I enjoyed the spicy hot beef and Wendy had beef.
This morning starts with pastries from across the street. We are going to start at the cigar shop in St. Jean, then in to Gustavia trying to find a copy of the new St Barths book of pictures. Lunch at Le Select. I will attempt to fill up on gas ( always a struggle for me, then relax a bit at the beautiful Les Basses. Dinner tonight at Quarter General,and end my evening with a cigar and some rum. So far, a wonderful visit, as always

Is there a way we forum friends can help you with the filling of the gas tank struggle? I once had to flag down Ellen & Rosemond who graciously used their chipped credit card to fill my tank on departure day (Sunday) when the station was closed. And before there is any judgement...yes, I repaid them! :D

Great 3rd day, shopping for Wendy, lunch at villa. Rosita stopped by with a surprise bottle of champagne, and we toasted her Birthday before her trip to Saba. wendy and I finished our evening at Santa Fe, where Fabid warmly greeted us. I enjoyed the "hot pot" which was shrimp, mahi mahi, clams, mussels in a coconut and lemon grass sauce, and Wendy had the fillet of beef. Everything was delightful. Finished with the house vanilla rum. Another fabulous day on this fabulous island paradise. Must try lunch at the rock. Heading to bakery across from villa for breakfast

Just a curiosity question to anyone who can answer, is/are Rosita and her husband native to the island or transplant from France or one of the other French governed islands?

Dinner last might at QG, Quarter General. We were one of the first to arrive, at about 7 PM. We were greeted instantly and seated. We started with a Baileys, and Scotch. Guess which of us had which. We ordered the Accrasof Cod fritters. Delicious dipping sauce. Wendy ordered the Scallops with mushroom Risotto, and o ordered the Flank Steak smothered on shallots. Absolutely delicious. We ended s j.g wrong chocolate profiteroles. Enjoyed a few servings of house Vanilla Rum. The place is absolutely gorgeous inside with t hff e wood rafters and constant slight breeze. By 8:30, the place was absolutely packed. The staff was very attentive, and you waited for nothing, as they seemed to rotate through the restaraunt. Excellent dinner, service, and reasonably priced. A must visit, right on the corner near the post office in Gustavia. Some owner, and staff, from Cote Port

We were so pleased to see Herve’s latest restaurant venture become popular. Agree..a lovely space, very good food, and a super staff.

Sounds like a grand evening! Glad to hear Herve and team are still producing memorable evenings. I expected nothing less.

Dinner last might at QG, Quarter General. We were one of the first to arrive, at about 7 PM. We were greeted instantly and seated. We started with a Baileys, and Scotch. Guess which of us had which. We ordered the Accrasof Cod fritters. Delicious dipping sauce. Wendy ordered the Scallops with mushroom Risotto, and o ordered the Flank Steak smothered on shallots. Absolutely delicious. We ended s j.g wrong chocolate profiteroles. Enjoyed a few servings of house Vanilla Rum. The place is absolutely gorgeous inside with t hff e wood rafters and constant slight breeze. By 8:30, the place was absolutely packed. The staff was very attentive, and you waited for nothing, as they seemed to rotate through the restaraunt. Excellent dinner, service, and reasonably priced. A must visit, right on the corner near the post office in Gustavia. Some owner, and staff, from Cote Port
Killer review . . . and well deserved,

Sorry for waiting so long after returning home to Post again. We were able to find the Book of Island photos at the Library Store near Le Repaire.
I believe it was her last copy and may have been for display, however I was able to purchase. I was pleasantly surprised to find as I opened it that it was a signed copy. I may need to find a larger coffee table to display it. all in all, we had a fabulous stay in a gorgeous setting. We already have Rositas Villa Claire awaiting us in April. The one thing we missed that was on our list was a dinner at Black Ginger, they had closed for two months the night before we arrived. we enjoyed each dinner (Le Repaire, Le Viet Nam, Santa Fe, and QG). The Island is still recovering, but I must say, they are doing an amazing job. I heard an unconfirmed rumor from a shop owner next to the Hideaway, that they are not planning on renewing the lease?? they were closed our entire visit. Also we saw no work on what was Emeraude Plage.

Thanks for all your posts Don. Learned a lot. Always helpful when making plans to get the news of the island from those on the island whenever possible. Thanks to all who share with this forum.