So I'm this cat...

Dwnislnd

SBH Member
So I’m this cat….a little trip report from “Meese”

Daily life at the villa fell into a pleasant routine for the humans and myself. Breakfast for me was served daily as the humans made their coffee and planned their day on my island of St. Barts.

Some days, my friends would just be “lazy” and stay at the villa playing in the pool, reading and taking “cat naps.” Other days after breakfast and some pool time, they would leave and explore the beaches always returning in time to feed me my afternoon snack. I would promptly show up to welcome them home, and listen to their stories.

But for the last two weeks, there was not as much home cooking, as before, I was a bit disappointed, because everyone loves a home cooked meal, especially the leftovers. I wasn’t sure why they were leaving the house so much, but I did understand that they wanted to visit their favorite eating-places once again.

One day in particular stands out in my memory. They were very excited about that coming night. Flowers and a cake came to the villa. My friends dressed very nicely and mentioned words like “vows, champagne, beach” and took lots of pictures. Later the female explained that it was wonderful to be able renew vows on the island that they had spent their honeymoon on all those years ago. I was not sure what all that meant, but I was happy for them.

Then something different happened. Strange big square things came out. I was very leery of these objects and avoided them. I noticed that they were putting their items in these bags. This confused me, as I had not seen this before.

The following morning was our normal routine, breakfast for me: coffee and pool for them. And then it happened! They put the big square things in their car. I watched this and then went for my normal walk about to secure the villa gardens.

When I returned that afternoon the villa was very quiet, and I sensed a difference in the air.

My food dish was outside- that was very different- and a picture of my friends with a small note that said, “Meese, A bientot.” As I ate, I knew that the time with my friends at the villa was a wonderful experience, and, “Oui, A bientot.” I will share friendship with them again soon.

PS I tried to include the photo they left for me-- but it must be that lack of thumbs.....

Attachments

• IMG_3708.jpg
    IMG_3708.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 271