AHHH St. Barts Part 2

dadto6

Senior Insider
We awake to the reality that our week in Paradise has come to an end. It is so great to witness the revitalization of the Island 11-months after Irma. The people have worked so hard, the vibe, as special as ever. Thank you God for creating the Island which is St. Barthelemy!

Our week of fabulous weather, much sunshine, low humidity and ever constant breezes made for a delightful time outside. Long distance visibility was little hampered by what I suspect Sahara Sands. There is good and bad to everything. No Storms. I will trade some reduced visibility for no storms anytime.

We dined at Le Repaire last night. Enjoyed a wonderful time at our last dinner of the trip. Every moment of the evening was excellent. My sweet girls heading to college.

Le Repaire 8-4-18 Annie & Cali.jpg

Walked around town afterward, live band performing at Le Select, great crowd on hand.

Sorry to read in the newspaper another scoter death in Flamands of a, too young, 28 year old man. Condolences out to his family and friends.

Witnessed lots of critters on this trip. Tortoise' everywhere on the move. If I did not move 25-from the roadways I did not move 1. Not so many butterflies this trip. The flora and fauna is doing well. Short rains to keep everything relatively green. No big soaker rains the entire week.

Solace in the fact, Anita and I are returning first week of November for the food festival, followed by family trip first week of January. Life is good in the Gelles household.

Met a beautiful young couple from New Hampshire first day at Gouverneur Beach and turned them onto some special places and things to do on St. Barths. Saw them last night at La Repaire and they are hooked. Wrote down SBHonline.com website on paper to give them since the forum is such a vibrant source of information. They are planning their next trip, said to me "why go anyplace else" This is TRUE

Very nice report. Wendy and I now are less than two weeks from our visit. So looking forward to this visit, then back again in April. What a beautiful place to unwind for a week or so. Have a safe trip home, and thank you again for the posts.

Great memories Dad to last until the next time, safe travels, congrats to Matt ! thanks for your posts too.

Your trip has passed so quickly! As always during your visit, you've been generous in giving your time to update us on family and island developments . . . and all seem to be doing very well! We'll overlap in November . . . hope to have an opportunity to meet then!

Dad, your trip reports this week were wonderful and thoroughly enjoyed by us all. It was a treat to enjoy seeing your lovely family photos, dinner reports and photos for this week spent in paradise! Mercì for your thoughts and insight on everything St. Barth and hope your family has an uneventful trip home today! Looking forward to your November reports too! And, the young couple you had met on Gouvenor beach have got it absolutely correct, “why go anywhere else?” That’s been our feeling since 1996! Ahhhhhh....St. Barth!

Great reports, Bob. Your girls are beautiful. Glad your trip was everything you hoped for...and more.

I wish there was no such thing as a Departure Day! We loved reading all of your reports. Thanks for taking us on your ride in Paradise!