Quartier General 8-2-18

dadto6

Senior Insider
Last trip we enjoyed lunch at QG but now was time to enjoy the evening atmosphere which is very different. The lighting is very attractive and well done. The music was very conducive for dinner. Herve has refined and done very well with his new venture. Kudo's to him and his excellent staff. Made for an excellent night. Cote Port was always in our rotation every trip, Quartier General will be as well.

The entrance and dining are well put together

Quartier General 8-2-18 Dining Area Entrance.jpg

Quartier General 8-2-18 Dining Area.jpg

The Home Made Foie Gras Terrine with Pineapple Marmalade and Toasts was delicious.

Quartier General 8-2-18 Foie Gras.jpg

Creamy Scallops and Mushrooms Risotto was to die for. Wowzaaaa

Quartier General 8-2-18 Scallops Risotto.jpg

Roasted Duck Breast with Ginger, Honey and Lime Sauce, together with side of Frites and Salad was very nice

Quartier General 8-2-18 Duck.jpg

The Chicken Breast with Mushrooms Sauce together with side of Mashed Potatoes and Salad did not disappoint

Quartier General 8-2-18 Chicken.jpg

Attachments

• Quartier General 8-2-18 Dining Area Entrance.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 803
  • Quartier General 8-2-18 Dining Area Entrance.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 818
Dad, I like Hervé, QG, and the QG menu very much. The only negative which has been reported on QG is that some find the cigarette smoke to be a problem. It was OK for me last year, as I was seated near non-smoking tables near the entrance. How did you find it?

Hi Kevin,
We are also very sensitive to smoke. Seems the dinner crowd is much different that the lunch crowd. All the upper wall fans were active and oscillating. I only noticed one woman smoking and since the upper sides of the restaurant are open, fans running, the smoke got sucked out quickly. I was paying attention. I will definitely be dining there again early November, looking forward.

I was very curious about this restaurant! Thank you for your photos..looks great! I have a bad smoke allergy, so I guess it makes sense to ask to be seated in the non-smoking area. The food looks excellent and it is a pretty setting! Is Hervé from The Wall House? Thanks again!

Herve was Cote Port on the water in Gustavia and La Rivage where hotel Le Barthelemy is now..

Herve was Cote Port on the water in Gustavia and La Rivage where hotel Le Barthelemy is now..

He also had O'Corner in Gustavia where Isola is now, and I think the BBQ place that opened there after O'Corner... a real pro restaurateur...

You all are awesome to keep it all straight! Maybe it was Franck at Wall House? I really loved the little lunch in the alley restaurant Franck had. We were surrounded by beautiful boutiques (they were my "dessert"!") I forget the name of the little restaurant, though. I know it was probably only temporary at the time. The food was exactly what you would want to eat. Maybe they are in business somewhere else? The menu was always good there. The QG looks exactly like the kind of food I would want to order!!

You all are awesome to keep it all straight! Maybe it was Franck at Wall House? I really loved the little lunch in the alley restaurant Franck had. We were surrounded by beautiful boutiques (they were my "dessert"!") I forget the name of the little restaurant, though. I know it was probably only temporary at the time. The food was exactly what you would want to eat. Maybe they are in business somewhere else? The menu was always good there. The QG looks exactly like the kind of food I would want to order!!

Sounds like Le Carré.

Sounds like Le Carré.

That's right. Franck actually had two restaurants there. When Franck originally took over the space he opened a temporary restaurant, L'Éphémère, which translates to Ephemeral. A few months later, once he was able to fully implement his concept for the space, the name was changed to Le Carré, which is the name that most people know.

At the moment, Franck is not in the restaurant business, but you never know what will come next. He's a really smart and creative guy, who is always thinking two or three concepts ahead, and is always looking for the right opportunity.

Yes! It was Le Carré! Somewhere I have a photo of the menu. Sorry to hear that Franck is no longer in the restaurant business, but with all of the changes in SBH due to Irma, perhaps he can be convinced to do a wonderfully simply restaurant? It is always so nice to find a simple place with excellent food when you don't want to dress up for every meal. I will keep my fingers crossed that Franck sees how much we appreciated him!!