July trip

didier

Senior Insider
My friends were on the island last week.........they enjoyed all the places, especially the bakeries every morning.

one week is never enough. the beaches are better now, not as much sea grass, a good thing. will post some photo's later.

My friends were on the island last week.........they enjoyed all the places, especially the bakeries every morning.

one week is never enough. the beaches are better now, not as much sea grass, a good thing. will post some photo's later.

I was on the island last week. First time since Irma and first time ever in summer. I will post a trip review later this week. :)

The bakeries are consistently one of the highlights of our family and guests. Our French friends swear the croissants are as good or better than those they consume in their home country! What is the secret of making them on the island? Love and the Spirit of the island!

This reminds me of a little story. My lovely wife and I were having dinner many years ago at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon (RIP) in Paris. My wife tasted his famous mashed potatoes and told the chef at the counter they were the best potatoes she had ever eaten and asked how much butter was in them. He smiled and said to her, Madame - they are made with love.

We were in Paris when Robuchon passed a few weeks back. We walked by the restaurant and many bouquets were left at the door. We thought about that dinner and how much love went into those potatoes.

What a terrific story. Thanks for sharing.

I told my kids that Chanukah latkas were so good because the secret special ingredient was blood-from knuckles scraped along with potatoes as I grated them.