La Langouste Arriving Night Dinner 7-28-18

dadto6

Senior Insider
After we settled into our Villa from a long day's Journey
Villa Manonjul Estate 7-29-18 View from Deck.jpg

We drove to one of our favorites for arriving night dinner La Langouste. We sadly miss Benjamin but find he will be arriving end of October for the new season. Nice breezes and almost full moon framed a wonderful evening together. Started with Cod Fritters
La Langouste 7-28-18 Cod Fritters.jpg

Goat Cheese Salad was as solid a choice as ever
La Langouste 7-28-18 Goat Cheese Salad.jpg

Stuffed Crab was very nice
La Langouste 7-28-18 Stuffed Crab.jpg

Duck with Cherry Sauce is one of Matt's favorites on the Island
La Langouste 7-28-18 Duck with Cherry Sauce.jpg

Attachments

• Villa Manonjul Estate 7-29-18 View from Deck.jpg
    Villa Manonjul Estate 7-29-18 View from Deck.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 533
I vote for the duck. The presentation Looks great and tastes even better than it looks. My new favorite Langouste item.

I agree. When Matt and I were here alone last August, Matt tried Duck at several restaurants and votes La Langouste as his favorite choice on the Island. Hence, why Matt voted to dine there on the 1st night

Dined there last night. Alas, the duck is no longer prepared in cherry sauce. It was a creamy mushroom sauce, still good but very different.

when I lived in the south of France, I lived in a house that lacked central heating so there was always a fire in the fireplace in the winter months.. one of my favorite things to do was grill magret de canard (duck breast) right in the fireplace, serve juicy rare, no sauce, just seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic, or maybe herbs de Provence (picked fresh from the fields and mixed by hand).. good duck here or elsewhere brings back memories of that experience...

Ellen, as PA person too, years ago we frequented Le Petite Cafe in Upper Darby, PA, yes there...known for their duck, but also a duck soup that was so rich & thick that a soupspoon could stand up straight in the cup. Then we'd have duck...lordy lordy the calories & cholesterol, but young & foolish driving from Wayne. Loved your prep in the fireplace.

RIght on the duck, but if you see the sweetbreads with morrels they are a mortal lock.

Les Bananiers is where you need to go. They have a great sweetbread/morel dish with a very rich sauce. Really great! Really decadent! It wasn't on the menu, but was listed on the little plastic "stand up" thing on the table

when I lived in the south of France, I lived in a house that lacked central heating so there was always a fire in the fireplace in the winter months.. one of my favorite things to do was grill magret de canard (duck breast) right in the fireplace, serve juicy rare, no sauce, just seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic, or maybe herbs de Provence (picked fresh from the fields and mixed by hand).. good duck here or elsewhere brings back memories of that experience...

Wowzers! That sounds wonderful, and fun. I'll be attempting that (shortly) when I'm back in the frozen north.

Sweetbreads are my pick when they are on the table top special carte. Also fabulous and different preps served at QG and l’Esprit and Santa Fe.

One of Matt’s most memorial dinners was JC’s preparation of the Sweetbreads. To this day, I’ve not told the young lad was he was devouring.

Wise Dad. When our grandson Charlie was 8 he tried and enjoyed escargot at Santa Fe. The frog legs did not rate as high. But he tried and to this day he tastes everything! He is a joy to dine with,but then all Grandmas probably say that.

Wise Dad. When our grandson Charlie was 8 he tried and enjoyed escargot at Santa Fe. The frog legs did not rate as high. But he tried and to this day he tastes everything! He is a joy to dine with,but then all Grandmas probably say that.

That, we do! My Sofia, at 11, tried everything and discovered many things she really likes; moelleux au chocolat and risotto avec truffles immediately come to mind.