Sante Fe re-opens Monday

phil62

Senior Insider
I just heard from David that the rebuilding of Sante Fe is complete, and the restaurant will be open starting this Monday. I imagine they will be busy, so it's best to call for reservations.

Phil

We have our reservations for our group of 7
YAY
Was a pleasure speaking with David, he seems so happy. They are actually opening for Lunch today!

Amy,

Please tell David we are delighted he is open again and look forward to seeing him in February.

Raising a glass in Austin, Texas to David and his Santa Fe team as they begin again today. Thanks for the update, Big Guy!

For those of you fortunate enough to dine at Santa Fe this evening, please make sure you post all about your evening, complete with pictures of course!! Looking forward to your posts!

It was truly a very exciting night to have our beloved Santa Fe re-open after 10-months suffered from Irma devastation. Our group of 7 arrived early to chat with David and take a tour about. David has done a masterful job on the build out. New tables and very comfortable cushioned chairs add to the dining experience. As David said last night "Same View" as he toured us around the new digs. Of course, as would be expected, we were graced by the presence of the infamous Phil and Amy. Heck, they can walk there from their Villa. Other forum members were present as well for the Grand Re-Opening, sorry do not know the names. The Service was excellent, the food divine. The weather was perfect, slight breeze and wonderful evening was had by all. No glitches, absolutely perfect. Congratulations to David!!!!

We started with Duck fois gras with home made ravioles morels emulsion
Santa Fe 7-30-18 Duck Foie Gras ravioles.jpg

6-of our group chose Grilled Beef Filet, the sauce and accompaniments were described as delicious. I can attest was not a morsel left on anyone's plate
Santa Fe 7-30-18 Beef Filet.jpg

I on the other hand rather live more adventurously, I chose the Grilled Octopus with potatoes cooked in salt flower. It was prepared so well, very tender and delicious. Compliments to the Chef!!!
Santa Fe 7-30-18 Grilled Octopus.jpg

so happy that David finally opened, of course it was one day after we left the island
so, we will have to wait until November
please send him our best
Carole and Henry

So glad to hear the opening was a huge success! Bravo to David and his team! Your meals look mouthwatering and I bet that octopus was to die for. Can't wait to dine their again. We, too, rent in Lurin and will be our first night dinner spot for sure. :up:

Monday July 30th 2018--the long awaited opening of Restaurant Santa Fe in Lurin! It was so nice being welcomed by David Mouton and Alex and their sstaff. The new rooms and decor opened up the lobby space. The new wood floors look terrific and the hanging artwork is Rock and Roll themed, think Bowie, Clapton, Rolling Stones.

2018-07-31.JPG
Starters.
Top left is the sliced fish, local wahoo, local tuna and Scottish salmon which were marinated in olive oil and citron and light herbs served with leafy greens and fried onion bits and carrot slices. The creamy dots were a delightful dressing.
Top right is fresh tuna tataki served with salad and quinoa.
Bottom left-6 piece Escargot in garlic butter
Bottom right-The new tomato tart with marscapone and cherry tomatoes with Parma ham and salad on the side.
All 4 were delicious.
P1030660.JPG
The tender beef filet with green pepper sauce and the rice selection and vegetables

P1030661.JPG
The moist Dover Sole with vegetables. The best Dover sole for me on the island this year. The vegetables were a bit limp but still good. The pureed sweet potatoes were wonderful.

P1030662.JPG
The chicken breast was rolled around foie gras and served in a perigourdine sauce with truffle mashed potatoes

P1030666.JPG
The cafe gourmand had 4 tasty treats-a brownie, a mini creme brulee pot, apple tart with coconut ice cream and a melon topped panacotta. The home made rums after dinner are Alex's magic concoctions.

2018-07-311.JPG

These menus will show the few items we did not try yet!

The service and the new decor and the excellent food and their presentations are well worth the trip to the hillside in Lurin. For lunch there are sandwiches and burgers too. And when available, moules frites on Fridays.