Wedding or event planner

KAJ

SBH Member
My daughter and her fiance are thinking of getting married in St. Bart's in the late spring. Does anyone know any wedding or event planners they can recommend? It would not be a large wedding (20 -30 people) and she does not want to spend a fortune on either the wedding or the planner.

I don't know your budget, but most of the event planners on the island normally start at around 10,000 euros for a wedding event. 20 to 30 people, my guess it will be much more than that.

My daughter and her fiance are thinking of getting married in St. Bart's in the late spring. Does anyone know any wedding or event planners they can recommend? It would not be a large wedding (20 -30 people) and she does not want to spend a fortune on either the wedding or the planner.
We did our wedding in St Barts on a budget. We did most of the planning ourselves. The certificate we obtained in the states. The wedding was live streamed on the web. We hired an Officiator to help with the vows and we had Laurent Benoit for our photos. It was all done at our from our Villa. It was all very budget friendly.

You can also check with Philip Trangmar at the Anglican Church if your daughter wants a church wedding (civil wedding with US certificate unless you get married at the town hall here which comes before the church ceremony). email for the church: info.stbartholomews@gmail.com

A restaurant like Tamarin is a great place for a reception, you can work directly with the owner and chef... and I assume other places, such as the larger hotels, would work with you directly as well...

You can also check with Philip Trangmar at the Anglican Church if your daughter wants a church wedding (civil wedding with US certificate unless you get married at the town hall here which comes before the church ceremony). email for the church: info.stbartholomews@gmail.com

A restaurant like Tamarin is a great place for a reception, you can work directly with the owner and chef... and I assume other places, such as the larger hotels, would work with you directly as well...
Hi Ellen, Do you have to have been on the Island for 30 days to do the town hall civil wedding? I can't remember.

Ellen’s link is a little funky for some reason. Try http://caribbeanweddings.com/offer,islands,St_Barts.html

It wouldn’t hurt to get your attorney’s opinion on a legal marriage on SBH vs. a quiet and small legal marriage in the US, followed by a more formal church ceremony on St Bath.

thanks Kevin, and I have fixed the link in my post (I think), and I agree that getting married legally in the states is probably what most people do, then have a church service and party on the island..

They did it! Melanie from Epic Presentations was our planner and she was an unbelievable help to us. The newlyweds were married in late April at the Anglican Church in Gustavia and had their fabulous reception that evening at Pearl Beach. Our welcome party was at Santa Fe on Friday and Maya's took care of food for other nights at our villa. Thank you to David, Randy, all the people at Pearl Beach as well as the lovely ladies at Bloomy who took care of the church and reception flowers. A fun and beautiful week!