Cocktails

bparsh

SBH Member
Hey everyone,

I've been a frequent lurker here in the forums for about 4 years now, but have never posted anything. Anyways, taking our 4th trip (once a year!) in early/mid August to St Barths, and I would like some recommendations-

The past 3 trips/years we always made a point to go out one night for just cocktails after dinner, and went to Eden Rock each time....the cocktails were fantastic, the service great, as I'm sure many of you have experienced....

Well with the Rock not opening until December, where would you recommend going to get cocktails after dinner?

We want somewhere that has great drinks, service, (view isn't important as it'll be dark) nice ambience, etc, but most importantly we want somewhere we can go and not eat, just get drinks.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Tamarin is absolutely beautiful. You could go for cocktails before or after dinner elsewhere, but do have dinner there one night if you haven’t already. It was the highlight of our recent trip. If you like champagne cocktails, the French Kiss is delicious.

Where will you be staying? If on the West end of the island (Flamands, Corossol, Colombier, etc.), I would highly concur with Villa Marie. Anywhere else outside of Gustavia, I’d agree with Tamarin. Both are beautiful evening venues (as well as during other times!). Gustavia . . . I’d suggest L’Isola.

25 Quarter has a "speak easy" type of bar....does not open until 9 pm...just a small bar separate from the restaurant entered via a side door from their kitchen/storage area...no view...smart bartenders...lots of rum (we were told that they have about 500 different rums available)...just a neat, quiet place to enjoy a cocktail...

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm not sure how to quote each one, so I'll just reply to all in this reply....

We are staying in between Marigot and Grand Cul de Sac. We have stayed on the Colombier hillside twice, and Flamands beach once.

We have dined (and had drinks with dinner!) at Tamarin, one of our favorites! (the former Meat and Potatoes right down the street we loved as well!)

We have not been to Villa Maria, although have driven by it.....after looking at their menu, would you say go there for food and drinks or just drinks? I would feel weird going somewhere just for drinks when the food is so good too, which was nice at Eden Rock we would sit outside on their outdoor dining area up the stairs sort of attached to the restaurant, but usually everyone else sitting around us would only be having drinks as well.

As for the 25 Quarter bar, and the article, thanks for that suggestion! That looks to be the place we will have to try as an after dinner late night cocktail place! The amount of different rum choices is just crazy! And not being open until 9, we eat early (at least on the island lol) so usually we are finishing dinner around 830ish so we would have never discovered this bar!

just a clarification: 25 Quarter is open early for dinner....it's just that the speak easy doesn't open until 9....we were there on a Tuesday night....it was their gourmet taco night....very good...

Is BAZ open at this time of year? That used to be our go to for after dinner cocktails and music.

Baz is no longer doing live music on a regular basis. Maybe for the Bucket and Les Voiles, but not on a regular basis.

Bonito and Ociela have bars with gorgeous views over Gustavia. Bonito also has a DJ or live music throughout the week.

Bonito and Ociela have bars with gorgeous views over Gustavia. Bonito also has a DJ or live music throughout the week.

We love Bonito for the food and drinks!

From a quick search of Ociela on google, it looks like a new restaurant? Might have to try this for a cocktail night along with 25 Quarter!

Ociela is very pleasant and has a lovely view over the harbor. "Mediterranean" food was, in a recent visit, very good, except for one dish.

Tamarin and Rock bar both are very good places to enjoy.

Rock bar, do you mean at Eden Rock? They are currently not open, as the hotel is under major reconstruction and it looks as if the upstairs restaurant has been turned into suites.. but what a perch that will be to settle in for sunset and call room service !

You might consider the Christopher for an aperitif looking at the sea. Or if you can snag a table outside late- Bagatelle overlooking the harbor.

I would recommend Bagatelle. It is a nice place and also their food drinks both are mouth-watering. You must try to go pubs in Amsterdam. Best nightlife you can enjoy there surely.

Thaise Restaurant serves special drinks to our customers. Where you can relish thai food also. Once you have to visit there I'm make sure that definitely you will like it.