Cocktails -- Thursday, July 12

cec1

Senior Insider
If you'll be on the island and would like to get together for a Planteur, glass of wine, or other beverage at Cafe Gloriette in Gustavia . . . please let me know. Time will be 5:30 - 6:30 PM on Thursday!

hi cec1 - what a lovely thing to organize... we'd like to stop by and I hope all fellow forum folks take you up on the initiative!

Sounds like a fun event, Dennis. Unfortunately, this gathering is 24 hours too early for me and my little buddy to join. I'll be there in spirit, as you know!

I will stop by, thanks for arranging this. dda will be working. I am also hoping to see wendy, will she join us?

I will ask again, as you may not have seen it Dennis..........will Wendy be at the party? let me know, I would love to see her.

Yes, Diana . . . Wendy will be at the party. I'm only now seeing your message. We look forward to seeing you there and are glad that you can join.

Hi Dennis!! Wonderful idea. Bill and I will be there. Thanks for organizing. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Ok...I will probably and most certainly get trashed for this...but does not this thread sound like it belongs on something like Facebook...like when our kids are all trying to get every-body together for a party?

it seems, to me, that this forum has evolved into very interpersonal and private chit-chat among so many that others, who are perhaps looking for true information about the island, may hesitate to break into this obviously tight knit group where you all know each other (or those that hope to) and therefore, may not contribute or ask?

Honestly, online forums everywhere have always been so helpful for so many people, whether they are for an habitual visitor to a particular island and they wish to inquire about the current status of that island, the people, the restaurants or accommodations etc or, as a “newbie” inquiring and needing assistance...

OK...my two Euro input..whatever that is worth...

Ok...I will probably and most certainly get trashed for this...but does not this thread sound like it belongs on something like Facebook...like when our kids are all trying to get every-body together for a party?

it seems, to me, that this forum has evolved into very interpersonal and private chit-chat among so many that others, who are perhaps looking for true information about the island, may hesitate to break into this obviously tight knit group where you all know each other (or those that hope to) and therefore, may not contribute or ask?

Honestly, online forums everywhere have always been so helpful for so many people, whether they are for an habitual visitor to a particular island and they wish to inquire about the current status of that island, the people, the restaurants or accommodations etc or, as a “newbie” inquiring and needing assistance...

well you do have a point, however minor it might be. the reason for not putting this on facebook is because its a get together for sbhonliners. and not all sbhonliners are on facebook or if they are they might not even see the invite for the party. If you come on here, you will see the invite right away. I hope this answer helps with your question.

au contraire, one of the nicest ways to meet fellow forum folks is through this type of gathering, and a good way for people who don't know many others to get to meet them...then the names online become people you know via the forum, and in many cases, friends... so if you are on island, you should not hesitate to come... and not everyone knows everyone, not by a long shot...

au contraire, one of the nicest ways to meet fellow forum folks is through this type of gathering, and a good way for people who don't know many others to get to meet them...then the names online become people you know via the forum, and in many cases, friends... so if you are on island, you should not hesitate to come... and not everyone knows everyone, not by a long shot...

Actually there is a Forum where this belongs- Meetings in SBH ( and elsewhere). Nice of Dennis to arrange the party tho.

Andy...you are my favorite...
Always spot on with info and always giving information that is pertinent to every...one