Cocktails -- Thursday, July 12

Sigh...you are right, point well taken.

If I turn to the forum (as I do often) in search of topics of a more informative nature, that is simply my interest and definitely not everyone’s.

I have always certainly admired and appreciated so many of the forum contributors who post such helpful comments for those who are new to the island or for those who have not visited for a while...
And the moderator, btw, does a very fine job...

In retrospect, I must admit, this forum IS actually an excellent venue to get people to gather together...I apologize for getting people all riled up...

Indeed, life is...WAY too short.

Wish we could be there tonite, but will have to wait till next yr early to late May, hope for another meet up then that we can attend. Will raise a glass or 2 tonite to the Forum in our SC paradise celebrating wedding anniversaries with friends. Cheers !

Tim . . . I'm not sure who to talk to in your local office, but it'd be great if you would let them know of the gathering! Of all SBH Online participants, Wimco is #1, and it'd be fun to know your local crew!

Fun party, thanks again Dennis & Wendy, just a couple of pics, here, amy & ellen have a few pics also. we should do this more often. Lots of great food and drink. I appreciate all the effort that was put into this by all involved. I love this cute little place and Sandra is also a great hostess. Some of the photo's were into the sun, so did not turn out well.

IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

Thank you Dennis and Wendy. What a terrific gathering. Sandra was a wonderful host and everyone felt welcome at the new and beautifully designed Cafe Gloriette. A good time was had by all.

Dennis - This is so great of you to organize. Really regret not being on island and seeing you.

I would think that Twarburton's post above is the ultimate authority on this issue, or any other to come before the SBHonline forum.

Back in the day, maybe around 2005, I hosted a forum get together at the little home I owned in Vitet. Most of the folks who attended had never met each other. I greeted one such attractive couple who appeared at the door and inquired as to whether there were any axe murderers on the guest list. They had told their children that they were attending a party at an unknown stranger's home on a foreign island, thus provoking the traditional "axe murderer lecture" that their children had probably heard from them on several occasions.

No axe murderers appeared that evening, and I have enjoyed a great friendship with Toni and Gary. I also met their children on a subsequent occasion. I did keep an axe in my tool shed, but I restricted its use to the more traditional activities.

A lot of food, for sure! And great conversation. Everyone mixed happily . . . met one another . . . and swapped stories! It turns out, for example, that Wendy and TPunch probably share a very distant ancestral relation! Thanks to all who came in support of the SBH Online Forum!

a few more photos from what was indeed a very lovely event, a big merci to host Dennis & Wendy, and all the folks at Café Gloriette...

group-july-12.jpg

D & W.jpeg

food table.jpg

Great pics. If you look closely you can just barely see the barbed wire and bouncer set up to keep the "outsiders" away...:biglaugh:

Just kidding. I was going to ask if someone could give a quick who's who of that big group shot since I only recognize a couple of people from their avatars or previous pictures. But, I think maybe it's a little too difficult to explain who is who with such a big group

Love that group pic! So nice to see some familiar faces that I hope to see again in person in a few months.
Nice spread of food, too! Hope everyone had a great time.

that was indeed manu Kevin............also a few people had left already before the group photo, Vincent from Premium 4 was there for awhile, a really nice gathering. I will leave it to others to name everyone else, and even though I knew most of the people, I did not know all.

would like to thank Dennis and Wendy for hosting this get-together,
caught up with old friends and met new ones
and it was great to see "Manu and Nadine together again"

What a fun occasion! Enjoyed by all! Dennis and Wendy, you both are amazing hosts! Food by Gloriette was wonderful! All the Tpunches had a great time including my teens.

Kelly it was terrific to see you all. I remember when they were little girls, darling and adorable, at the EMM summer parties. So good to reconnect at Cafe Gloriette.