The Fiona Griffith Series by Harry Bingham

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
These are light murder mysteries that take place in Wales. They are all written and build upon one another so start with the first one. There are now six. I am into my sixth and have enjoyed them all so far.

Thanks. Somehow, I missed these in my book meanderings. Shall try the first in the series and go on from there!

I have read the first two books in the series and I am sure I will read all of them. Fi reminds me of Lisbeth Salander. She is as intriguing as the mysteries she is trying to solve. I have spent time in Wales and have some Welsh ancestors so I love reading books sited there. Thanks again for the recommendation. It is exciting to start a new series and be able to look forward to
more reading adventures with the main characters.

Have either of you discovered Jacqueline Winspeare's MAISIE DOBBS yet? Set in Post WWI England. I feel that way about her. I enjoy the history as well as the mystery.

Ah yes Maizie Dobbs is quite the independent spirit and shares some characteristics with Fiona Griffiths. They have both been underestimated in their mileu! I’ve read every book in Winspear’s series.