What's the best way to get to SBH from Paris?

bkeats

Senior Insider
We have friends who are getting married in Paris in August. I was talking with the wife about how much much time she wanted to spend in Paris and since we would be in Europe where else she might want to go. We haven't been on the isle since just before Irma and hadn't been able to plan a trip for this year. So in between thinking about heading to Rome before coming back to NYC, she asked why don't we instead head to SBH from Paris. I did a quick check on flights and it appears there are no direct flights from Paris to SXM. For those who make the trip between SBH and Paris, what is the best way?

A shame that closing your eyes and clicking the heels of your red shoes 👠 together no longer is a valid means of transportation.

Flights exist, but they're not daily, and they're expensive - $1400 one way for Economy. From thomasj's post at https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/sh...ts-Into-SXM-Post-Irma/page5?highlight=thomasj

"Air France
CDG - SXM: effective May 2 Wednesday flights, then June 23 adds Saturdays, will be Wed/Sat all summer season. Then October27th it appears to jump to 5 weekly (Daily except Tuesday/Friday) for Fall and Winter seasons, however I'm sure that will change"

Other options would include connecting through Pointe a Pitre in Guadeloupe, which has daily flights, but which may require an overnight in Guadeloupe. I'll leave it to someone who has actually flown that route to comment.

If you want to visit Amsterdam, KLM flies AMS-SXM on Sundays and Fridays.

After that it gets a bit more complicated, with routes such as Paris-Miami-SXM, or Paris-London-Antigua-SBH.

A shame that closing your eyes and clicking the heels of your red shoes  together no longer is a valid means of transportation.

Oh how I wish that worked or a least someone had invented the Star Trek transporter.

After that it gets a bit more complicated

This is what I was finding. Flights took me all over the place and for a lot of $. It was getting to the point where it looked simpler to come back and connect through JFK which seemed silly but I was hoping there was a better way.

I have several friends on SBH who regularly fly to / from Paris. They always go through Guadeloupe and often use Air Caraibes . . . apparently Business Class is available at cost of Coach on Air France. I think that Air France flies daily . . . Air Caraibes daily except Wednesday. If my recollection is accurate, the flights from Paris arrive Pointe-a-Pietre around 7 - 8 AM, providing fairly good connection opportunities to SBH.