sxm-sbh

flyrod

SBH Member
Am booking Feb flights and thinking of switching from Winair which we have always used to St Barts Commuter. Leaving aside price differential, suggestions or comparisons?
TKS
Bob

As a general rule, SBC has less expensive flights, while Winair has more frequent flights. I've always had the impression that SBC offered a higher level of service to SBH clients, which is their primary focus, while Winair was less SBH-focused due to their multiple destinations out of SXM. Winair also has a codeshare with Air France/KLM, and I've wondered what would happen in a last-flight-of-the-day oversold situation - Which passenger gets bumped, the codeshare or the non-codeshare?

I always use SBC. However one thing to be really careful of -- due to some quirk in how they are set up at SXM, they cannot accept passengers with an origin of SXM, only through transfers.

What this means in practice is if you somehow arrive after the last flight and end up spending the night they will rebook you, but only out of Grand Case airport. Don't even bother arguing with them, they simply can't take SXM origin passengers which is what you are if you spend the night. So it's a taxi ride to the other airport.

Always fly SBC. But can’t help thinking every time, as I read in a Winair ad once, there is no backup pilot

I have an $800 credit with tradewind good until November of this year if anyone is interested.please let me know by pm. thanks