BLUE WATER by A. Manette Ansay

amyb

Senior Insider
Picked up BLUE WATER at a library book sale-I had enjoyed another she had written, VINEGAR HILL.

Tragedy, friendship, and new beginnings make for a tender and moving story. She develops her characters and I could not stop reading today. Yes, another well written book I read in a day-would love to know how all these flawed humans got on with their lives.

beneath a scarlet sky by mark Sullivan is awesome!! Italian boy smuggling jews to switserland over mountain passes and much much more!! true story dramatized that will eep you reading and cause some tears along the way.

Thanks for the tip. I actually knew a boy, now a man, who walked the Alps to freedom.

Thanks for the tip. I actually knew a boy, now a man, who walked the Alps to freedom.

could have had this guy as a guide. I read a lot and this subject matter is very dear to my heart but this book is undoubtedly the most powerful,readable and intriguing I have read. can you tell that while I raed well and a lot I cant spell worth a damn!!

LOL

Another good read was THE GIRL WITH THE BLUE BERET-who led downed RAF and American pilots out of Occupied France back to their units

Keeping a running list now of recommended reads, keep them coming please ! Picked up @ SAV airport on day of flying to SBH couple weeks ago Little French Bistro by Nina George, interesting life in Brittany by a German woman. Author also wrote The Little Paris Bookshop which I'll look for before next flight from SAV.

Will be interesting to read her 1st after just reading the 2nd !
Just checking when can book air tix for villa dates for 2019...7/4. Tradewind fine, just longer from SJU than WM from SXM...some bumps, the flite from SJU on AA smooth till the last few minutes as ready to put wheels down at CLT, up we went & then around & around while storm dissipated long enuf to land, then the long wait for crew coming from GSO while more storm. Haven't even opened my bag yet...soon !

Pace yourself...take a deep breath.think about tropical breezes. There, feeling better yet?