SBHOnline Member PeterNJ has Passed.

KevinS

Senior Insider
It's always sad to lose one of your own. I only knew Peter from SBHOnline and Facebook, but we shared opinions and introspectives about life and travel in the Caribbean, reggae music, and life in general. I always envied Pete's years hanging out and owning a small place on Anguilla, as well as his early "family time" in the Caribbean.

Rest In Peace, my friend. Condolences to family and friends.

From his sister:

My brother Pete passed away today in his sleep. He's been a caregiver to our Mom since our Dad died, never complaining about being placed into that role and always looking out for her best interest. He hadn't been feeling well for the past few weeks so I pray that he is at peace, with no pain in his hips and knees...listening to reggae, raising a glass of rum punch with my Dad and his friend Robert talking about the Mets, Giants and Rangers. May you rest in peace Pete...and I hope you know you were one of the kindest people in the world.

I was so sad to see this Kevin; I always shared Anguilla stories with Peter, and his love for reggae music. I will miss his kindness and insight.

This is so sad. Peter had a good heart and put others first, especially his parents. We shared a love of New York sports teams, and I will miss the bond we developed while suffering thru many trying seasons together. Alas, no more WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR messages.

RIP...you will be missed.

I too share this forum’s sympathy. Pete and I had some rollicking posts in the early days. Rest In Peace Peter.

Always sad for a community to lose a prominent contributor to its life. Pete brought a lot of spirited life to our discussions . . . & clearly was a loving family member. A very sad loss. RIP.

This is heartbreaking news. I'm praying that his family and friends be comforted in their grief. RIP, PeterNJ.

How very sad. May his soul rest in peace and our condolences to all his family and friends.

Indeed, PeterNJ was one of those people whom you knew you would instantly like if you were ever to meet in person. He was a delightful contributor to the forum—never meanspirited, always spot-on with a wry sense of humor. RIP, Peter—you will be missed!

My sympathies to Peter’s family and friends. He was a devoted son who found much joy in family, the beach, and music. I will miss his contributions here.

I never met Peter, although we often talked of getting together up his way (I have friends in Highlands), but life always seemed to interfere. We communicated fairly regularly, especially during football and hockey season, as we shared rooting interests. We'd also recommend reggae albums to each other from time to time. In fact, I went to Facebook yesterday, to talk to him about the Rangers new coach. I fully expected an hour long back and forth about our hockey teams future. The first thing I saw, when I logged on, was his sister's post. I sat in disbelief for long time.
I hope he's at peace.

This thread hurts.
We didn't know Peter but enjoyed his posts- always upbeat and fun. His smile and happiness came thru on his posts.
Rest in Peace Peter!

So sorry to hear. I didn’t know Peter either but I reached out to him on a few occasions when I needed recommendations for caterers, bakeries etc after our daughter bought her house at the shore. Always graciously responded with fabulous suggestions.
May he Rest In Peace.

very sad news, I remember all they went through with the various hurricanes and storms that hit New Jersey.. RIP PeterNJ

Sad news.

He always had good tips for folks visiting the islands.

There's so much we don't get to know about each other.....

There will be a celebration of Peter’s life at Ship Ahoy Beach Club in Sea Bright, NJ on July 9. If you can be there in person, bring your beach chair. If you can’t attend, then please raise a glass to him on that date, sometime between 5:00 and 7:30. From his sister on FB:

27323C86-A7C5-4624-95FB-C276B12BC511.jpeg

This is perfect and I will be honored to participate from the island of St Barth--a lovely perfect tribute.

So sad I know after Sandy he worked so hard but always liked his posts. We have only lost a few over the years always sad to see One go. RIP