Update on Emeraude Plage

Scotik

SBH Insider
We stayed in one of Emeraude's beach front cottages during our first visit to the island in 2014 and one of the reasons we fell in with love St Barts. Since then we have been back 5 more times to St Barts and stayed at Emeraude a couple of those times. Its a special place for us.

Had read on the forum previously, somewhere, that they may sell. I hope not. Any news/update?

I just suggested to my husband that we and our friend, who we visit St Barths with every year, sell everything we own, buy Emeraude Plage. I will run the hotel, our friend, who is conveniently an architect, can handle renovations and my husband can man the Tikki Bar. :biglaugh:

do it!! it has special meaning for us too. Stayed there our first trip ever to St Barts in 1998. We were only there for 3 days and fell completely in love with the island. Also, enjoyed people watching a french couple having a HUGE argument on the terrace opposite us. Reminded us that couples everywhere have conflict. They were seen later holding hands along the beach. ;D

We have stayed at Emeraude Plage a couple of times over Thanksgiving. It was always such a treat to stay right on the beach, as we usually go with Villas. The Tikki bar served great breakfasts and it was lovely to have drinks there during the day and evening. I have been dismayed to hear rumors of Eden Rock buying it. Nothing against Eden Rock, but there are fewer and fewer spots like Emeraude Plage, chic but casual and did not absolutely break the bank. One of my favorite things about it was the lending library...I loved going in there and finding a great book to read. I left a few also...in the days when I actually read real books. Now that I have to use glasses, I read only my Kindle. :laughing-cry: Please come back Emeraude Plage!

Ktand1 can I help your husband at the bar! That was the main weakness I felt at the hotel, it had no bar scene. Although I never minded walking up to La Plage.

We have stayed at Emeraude every year since 1998, at times in the cottages, and when my In-Laws were with us, in the Big Villa. We are saddened to see the destruction, and can only hope for their return. I too have heard rumblings of Eden Rock buying them out. Nothing can stop us from visiting this Beautiful Island, and this Summer, my In-Laws will be staying at Les Basses in Mid-June, and my wife and I will do the same in Mid-August. Can't wait

A great place to stay, Les Basses. It is sure to help you heal from the loss of Emeraude Plage as you knew it.

Thanks Amy, We are looking very forward to it. Wish we could make Marius's 95th, as I am sure it will be an event to remember. Enjoy!