Maya’s

Cwater

Senior Insider
We used to love Maya’s. Usually ate there twice per vacation. Even saw Jackie O and the familily years ago there. Fell away over the last years however were going to give them a shot this time. Just found out that they are still closed from the hurricane. Ouch. So to review Tamaran L’Esprit, Bonito, Le Baniers, and Eddies are open? I see stuff on L’Esprit and Tamaran all the time looking forward to May 22.

I'm with Jim on endorsing La Langouste but miss Benjamin a lot. Give Mango a shot for lunch, will not disappoint. Maya's will not be ready for your trip in May. Went by there last Saturday and lots of construction still needing to be done.

Yes, youare right Jim...and Repaire and Isola. Are you able to extend your visit?

Maya's To Go is open....we had several take out meals from there on our recent trip for lunch and dinner...you can still savor her amazing culinary delights in the comfort of your villa.....

I would add the new cote port called QG, same great team, or Black Ginger.[/QUOT

I have heard from many people that the food is good at QG, but everyone has said its very smokey in the restaurant. Is this true before I try this place? I don't care for smoke filled food.

It can be smoky, and it can be noisy. We had a table closer to the entrance, which was quieter and had nobody smoking at an adjacent table. As with most restaurants in St Barth, the smokiness is going to depend on who your neighbors are.

QG - we had lunch there 2/26 while in port, sat with back to the outdoor area which I thought was for smokers, but now reading this thread I do remember seeing someone facing me a couple tables away smoking...so ? I don't remember seeing others smoking IN restaurants on last trip late 2016.

Neither Anita or I have ever smoked. We do not like smoke. We did not find QG to be a problem at lunch the day we ate there.

I think like Entracte, it's the luck of the draw. We were lucky that our neighbors were also nonsmokers. The noise does increase as the crowds come.