Moustiques

KevinS

Senior Insider
I can only speak for this villa, but we have seen (and killed) just one Mosquito in the 9-10 days which we’ve been here.

For prevention, we like to use a Mosquito Milk or Off. Mosquito Milk is available at Marché U. We haven’t seen Off in the grocery stores which we have visited, which is unusual.

I can only speak for this villa, but we have seen (and killed) just one Mosquito in the 9-10 days which we’ve been here.

For prevention, we like to use a Mosquito Milk or Off. Mosquito Milk is available at Marché U. We haven’t seen Off in the grocery stores which we have visited, which us unusual.
Same with our villa in February but there was a constant breeze. I wonder if the hurricanes had anything to do with disturbing their presence.

Even with a lot of wind in Pte Milou the little guys enjoyed my bride frequently- she is a magnet but the spray helped a lot.

And we got bitten in Lurin--I was using MosquitoMilk which was a winner on past trips. These bites also itched a long time too.

Unfortunately, I can attest that mosquitos are live and well on the island. We had a lot of them at the beginning of April in Lorient hills. Kevin, don't jinx your luck :)

The mosquito population has been a little above average in our neighborhood in Vitet this visit. I’ve blamed the many repair and construction efforts going on right now, and the apparently large number of unoccupied houses.

We’re finding things are very quiet on this end of the island this year. A consequence, or side-benefit of the island post Irma.

No bites since we arrived on Saturday afternoon. Our group is happy and hopes the winds keep up :)

Once per season for total of 4-this year. Just booked our January 2019 trip to start off next year.

Not familiar with the Mosquito Milk, at the U in little "pharmacy" area or at a pharmacy ? spray or lotion ? thx ! should add to my list once on SBH.

Thanks Amy & Phil for separate info, will have to bring some of the "milk" back to SC where we have many bugs, no see-ums & moustiques for about half the year. On an aside, disappointed that L'Esprit will not be doing the Sun lunch when down later this month so will go for dinner 1 nite instead. Have the tiny little heart carefully wrapped for your grand.

I found Mosquito Milk info on a UK website showing what container looks like & box too. Definintely will get some on SBH. With the presence of the annoying pests, I remember after Luis the butterflies everywhere which I was told were so plentiful & moreso were a result of the h'cane so possibly the mosquito pop same reason ?

I agree, Kevin . . . it has been difficult to find “Off.” Maybe some new French law bans it for aerosol regulatory purposes . . . as has occurred with some other products (deodorants, for example).

Hey all, Thought I would share my discovery the last time I was on the island for mosquito avoidance. I got attacked by them when others sit un-bothered regularly, AND our place is in Saline by the pond, which is a known breeding ground. A combination that results in lots of bites for me, until last fall. I started taking Turmeric for other reasons before our trip, and was amazed to experience a trip where the mosquitoes left me alone. Putting two and two together, I checked it out and in fact Turmeric is a known repellent for bugs. I take one 1,000 mg capsule a day for joint health and those suckers don't like it. What a bonus! May be worth a try for some, its natural, no chemicals and it works (for me)!