Day #9, Day #10? I Don’t Know...

KevinS

Senior Insider
It’s just dawn as I begin to write this, and the sky is brightening. Actual sunrise won’t be for another 20 minutes or so. The birds which have been chirping in the background have now been joined by the cooing of the island doves. High Tide was at 4:01, and tide is going out. I can hear the waves on the rocks below, but the outgoing tide brings no Whomp! sound of crashing waves. There is a light breeze, enough to feel comfortable while sitting outside, but not enough to hear any rustling from the villa palm trees, which are recovering well from Irma.

I haven’t posted much in the last few days, and I won’t get into details, but we now know both an island doctor and an island dentist. I have been a fan of island concierge service Premium IV since the company was founded, find something to use them for on most trips, and can tell you that Vincent was at his best when we called him (twice) for assistance. A doctor visit was arranged in under 2 hours, and resulted in the prescriptions necessary to resolve an issue. (€60 for the visit, €22 for the two prescriptions - I won’t bother trying to file an insurance claim). A separate issue resulted in a dentist visit in under an hour. The issue won’t be resolved here, but a very good and caring dentist did his best to moderate the issue until we return home, with instructions on what to do if the situation changed for the worst. (€100, and again, I won’t bother trying to file an insurance claim.)

The past few days have bought us to many old favorites for lunch and dinner. We enjoyed Sunday Lunch at L’Esprit. The Cochon Noir (Black Pig) and the Nems de Canard with Sauce Kimchee were excellent. I’ve spoken elsewhere about the Entremet Chocolate Noir dessert. Chef JCD fed us well. We should have stayed in, nibbled on what’s in the villa, and not gone to dinner that night. We made the mistake of going out, ordered the lightest things that we could find on the menu, and still left half of the food on the table, and 2 inches of wine in the bottle - and shocked and dismayed restaurant friends. No complaints, just no room! We assured the staff multiple times that it was us, not them, but you know how well using that line always goes, LOL. (We were welcomed back for lunch yesterday, and all imaginary sins were forgiven.)

We’ve been to Repaire a few times, Crêperie a few times, Select once, QG again, and dined at the villa more than ever.

Today’s plans extend all of the way to lunch. Breakfast will depend on Sleeping Beauty’s appetite. It could be Omelettes Jambon Fromage, it could be Cheesy Scrambled Eggs, or it could be “not much”. I’ll be happy with a yogurt and an OJ.

Lunch will be at Le Chris, where we’ll be dining with a chef friend and his wife. Dinner? No clue - we need to get back to Tamarin, we need to get to Orega, we want to try Ociela, we need to get back to Les Bananiers. Or dinner could be a repeat of the possible breakfast menu - Omelettes Jambon Fromage or Cheesy Scrambled Eggs, but with more Champagne.

For now, here are a few photos of how my view has changed in the last 60-70 minutes. Any wonder why I like the solitude of these early morning hours?

ADE9694B-861E-49BE-B68D-F952778C6A15.jpg

8A4E7708-F2EC-4E75-AD69-2172F67EBD53.jpg

9813C929-EE10-4CED-A8DE-6753568CE91C.jpg

Sorry, I dozed off between posting photo #3 and photo #4, LOL

25445DF8-3A6D-42CF-967A-5CB58A714BB8.jpg

05149AFA-CA16-4D0C-A507-E4838C18154D.jpg

Dozed off again, but that’s the last photo, and this post is done.

We love the dawn on the island. Sorry you have gotten to know a doctor and a dentist. The Black Pig is a favorite at L'esprit and it is only on the menu on occasion! Wasn't there in Feb., even though we went three times!

I've missed your posts and wondered what you've been up to. Sorry to read about the medical stuff. Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip. Love your musings and pics.