"Good times never seemed so good"

cec1

Senior Insider
Driving along the coast in sunny Florida (welcome weather after a lot of recent rain), daydreaming about my return to SBH in early May, when "Sweet Caroline" came on the radio -- an Elvis version. Not quite the same as done by Neil Diamond, but I couldn't resist singing along . . . recalling so very many fun nights in doing so with Andy Hall and other great friends at The Hideaway. Legendary times . . . great memories.

Always think of the jolly giant and good times at his Hideaway when I hear that song.

Same here, love to sing along, if husband with me, I would have to lip sync ! Miss Andy & The Hideaway.

Thanks, Dennis, for taking me back to many memorable nights singing along with Andy and the crew.

Sweet Caroline ALWAYS makes be thinking of good times at Andy's... miss that special place and our tall friend!

It's funny how the same thing triggers different reactions. I married into a Red Sox nation family and have been dragged to more than my fair share of Red Sox games and there is something that just raises the hairs on the back of my neck when Sweet Caroline is played that just brings back not pleasant memories of Fenway. Hate that song with a passion. :tongue:

Miss the big guy too. Hideaway just wasn't the same afterwards. By the way, is it open now? Last time we were there it looked locked up tight and wasn't open over a nearly two week period.

Both are sad . . . your negative association with an SBH “anthem” of the great “Andy” times . . . and it’s shuttered patio today.