Nikki back in business

shihadehs

Senior Insider
Nikki.jpg

Looking great from the sea yesterday.

Sunday Easter event was going strong and as of now...6:40pm....we can still hear them from our villa
but when we peeked in earlier the sargassum was bad

I hope the Collectivity is prepared to gather and dispose the sargassum on St Jeans beach as it is not that overwhelming (nock in the wood).

Sunday Easter event was going strong and as of now...6:40pm....we can still hear them from our villa
but when we peeked in earlier the sargassum was bad

While driving by yesterday I could smell the sargassum from my car and it was not pleasant. I am surprised the Nikki folks didn't rake the weed prior to their first Sunday opening for lunch. I would not have enjoyed dinning seaside with the smell.

It was bad again this morning and some nice young woman employee of Nikki was trying to rake it up..

We have been to Nikki yesterday and it was very nice. The sargassum was not nice to look at, but I realised no smell. The food was good and the atmosphere great.
Today we have been to Pearl Beach and although no sargassum, it had an awful smell at the tables in the back. For me, who really loved La Plage, it was a disappointment. The food was not good and no atmosphere at all. I have to admit, that I do not really like the new design as well. We won’t return. A hard decision, as we spent a lot of time at the good old la Plage. Instead, we would choose Nikki even with the sargassum.

We have been to Nikki yesterday and it was very nice. The sargassum was not nice to look at, but I realised no smell. The food was good and the atmosphere great.
Today we have been to Pearl Beach and although no sargassum, it had an awful smell at the tables in the back. For me, who really loved La Plage, it was a disappointment. The food was not good and no atmosphere at all. I have to admit, that I do not really like the new design as well. We won’t return. A hard decision, as we spent a lot of time at the good old la Plage. Instead, we would choose Nikki even with the sargassum.

What did you have for your meal at Pearl Beach? I am just curious... we were there a couple of Sunday afternoons ago right after they had opened, sitting at the bar waiting for some friends to arrive at the airport. I saw food coming out that looked good, but when we realized our friends were going to be delayed, we tried to order - - but they said the kitchen had become overwhelmed and was not taking any more food orders. I am wondering if they are still trying to work out the kinks. I, too, miss the old La Plage when they would make you a warm sandwich right at the bar!

Definitely trying to work out kinks at Pearl Beach...they got both my orders wrong and the Thai beef salad was mundane and meat was unedible..
hopefully they get their act together since it is such a nice setting