La Plage restaurant opening next week

didier

Senior Insider
speaking with one of the employees yesterday, and La Plage is hoping to open before next wednesday........everything is almost done. good news, always loved eating there.

This morning I noticed the LaPlage sign is gone! Out with the old, make way for the new.

I have a painting by Eddie of the front of Tom Beach Hotel. Is it worth more now? :cool:

3C25AE66-C6ED-43B4-A70A-8DA7B91288AC.jpg

We arrive in 2 weeks. Frantically updating my restaurant list. La Plage is back on! Relying on this forum for updates. Thank you all!

Great to hear that they are opening soon. I always want to eat at this place. This is really a good news for me. But did they change there name? If yes please update me!

Went yesterday for lunch...menu was interesting, very friendly and attentive staff.. food presentation nice, taste wise not so impressed...tuna tartar was bland..
lovely setting and great people watching...they need to get their act together as far as seating...the hostess was having difficulty seating parties of 2 as they arrived..
and the bar was happening!!
we will definitely give it a second chance

Menu changed a lot, as did the design. The food we had today was uninspired and not really good, in our opinion. The tartar de boeff italien was ok, the fish was not. The pasta with lobster was also ok, the chicken leg BBQ disappointing.
I think, they have to work on the menu as well.
Sad experience for us, as we loved the place and always have been there several times during each visit in the last 16 years.

Menu changed a lot, as did the design. The food we had today was uninspired and not really good, in our opinion. The tartar de boeff italien was ok, the fish was not. The pasta with lobster was also ok, the chicken leg BBQ disappointing.
I think, they have to work on the menu as well.
Sad experience for us, as we loved the place and always have been there several times during each visit in the last 16 years.

I saw your note on the other thread... I think they may be working out some kinks and hopefully will get better as they do so. It has also been one of our favorite spots over the years.

It’s pretty. Foods fine. For us, the “team” is not inspired nor experienced, like the old JC days
It is basically the only show in town, so we will support it.
After 3 days here, we are very aware that beneath the surface is sadness. For them, and us. But every day is an improvement.