Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Italy: Reboot (get it?)

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2017 NY Posts: 480

Re: Italy: Reboot (get it?)

Awesome that's the one that jumped out to me

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2017 NY Posts: 480

Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Thanks it looks awesome. We went back and forth on where to spend our $'s and ultimately we decided to pick hotels where we could double dip on our AMEX FHR benefits and Marriott points benefits and spend the extra $'s on eating, shopping and wine tours!!! So we are staying at the Sina Villa Medici. Downside seems to be a little but further of a walk (15-20 minutes) from the center of all of the tourist attractions. If anyone knows of this place please let me know. Reviews and the such were positive and we love the perks of choosing FHR properties.

Senior Insider Joined: Apr 2004 Austin, TX Posts: 9,575

Quote Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
    Thanks it looks awesome. We went back and forth on where to spend our $'s and ultimately we decided to pick hotels where we could double dip on our AMEX FHR benefits and Marriott points benefits and spend the extra $'s on eating, shopping and wine tours!!! So we are staying at the Sina Villa Medici. Downside seems to be a little but further of a walk (15-20 minutes) from the center of all of the tourist attractions. If anyone knows of this place please let me know. Reviews and the such were positive and we love the perks of choosing FHR properties.

Good idea. We used Marriott/Amex points for almost all our hotels and stayed at Air BnB's in Positano and Monterosso. You're not in the room that much so we spent accordingly.

SBH New Member Joined: Feb 2020 Posts: 2

Talking about pairing, your pair is the best in the pics with wine glasses making for the perfect prop and menu is mouth watering!

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 9,169

Dennis
    Thinking about your wonderful Italian trip 2 years ago, what a difference it is now with the quarantine. Venice, Florence, even Rome are empty of tourists. I never imagined these cities would be like this.

Senior Insider Joined: Apr 2004 Austin, TX Posts: 9,575

Quote Originally Posted by stbartshopper View Post
    Dennis
    Thinking about your wonderful Italian trip 2 years ago, what a difference it is now with the quarantine. Venice, Florence, even Rome are empty of tourists. I never imagined these cities would be like this.
    I feel bad for the folks who have had Italy on their bucket list just as Lisa and I did and were planning on going March/April.

Hopefully they can reschedule ASAP.

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A. Posts: 9,169

It will soon return to it’s glory.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 26,718

Thinking of fellow travelers, especially honeymooners. I hope all get to make their trips come true once this virus scourge ends.

Better safe, than sorry. IMHO.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.