Thursday Update And A Few Undersea Photos

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
Well, we had water in the villa after it went out Sunday and was restored on Monday, but we lost it this morning, so I'm at Wimco to report the problem and get an internet fix. We can use water from the view pool to do the usual necessities and drink bottled water. There is a shortage of perishable food items like salad greens. None available in the three markets I tried yesterday and today. Bank and credit cards are still not working. Wimco gave us Euros yesterday. We had a knockout meal at Banniers last night and they were able to process our Mastercard. The place is clogged with cars and people standing around using the working internet. We parked in the lower dirt lot, a bit dark but otherwise fine. The lobster fricassee, thai shrimp salad, sea bass and desserts were all to die for. We also enjoyed a fine bottle of reasonably priced Malbec from Argentina. Banniers is a treasure. The airport seems like its getting back with flights arriving over the hill once again, apparently sans the crosswinds that we had when we came in over the bay on Tradewind. I have a video of that approach, really interesting. So here are a few land and undersea photos!
P1190542.jpg

P1190383.jpg

P1190472.jpg

P1190529.jpg

P1190434.jpg

P1190504.jpg

P1190479.jpg

P1190530.jpg

Incidentally, I just got an email from a friend in Gustavia who said that her internet has been restored. I hope that it lasts!

Things are looking up for water, phones, and internet.

So glad Jim is looking down and sending great underwater pictures for us to enjoy his undersea view.

You and Dan are looking very well! Happy to hear that you're making the most of a challenging situation. As usual, your dive photos are most enjoyable. The nurse shark capture is super!! Thank you for sharing, Jim.

Hi Jim,
Tell Benjamin I say hello! So glad you had a great time together at Bananiers. Wonderful pics. Keep them coming.

As usual, spectacular underwater photos, Jim. Thank you for sharing your exploration of this other world with us. You and Dan look great—hope you continue to have a wonderful trip.