Hotel Manapany

SZ484

SBH Member
So my husband and I have stayed at the Christopher Hotel our last 5 visits to the island, and were booked there for our April visit this year again. Unfortunately, we just found out today the hotel will not be reopening till November.
We are now scrambling to decide where we should stay. While the villa idea sounds great, we prefer to try another hotel. I was wondering if anyone has any information on the Manapany hotel. I believe it has gone through a complete remodeling and renovation. If anyone has any insight or has seen the hotel recently, please let me know your thoughts on the hotel.
Thanks so much!!!!!!

The Hotel Manapany reopens on Tuesday, March 13 after an extensive (multi-year?) remodeling. There's only a slim chance that someone has been through the property recently.

Thank you for the information. I was not aware the renovations were over such a long period of time. I guess it’s safe to assume most the pictures for the resort from previous years will be not be so accurate anymore. Maybe we will give it a try. Thanks again

The hotel renovations that are shown on the Manapany website look very Balinese and zen. I may visit the Manapany's new spa or at least stop by for a drink during my trip this month and I will report back. We stayed in Anse des Cayes the last two winters and loved the location and views. We were a short five minute drive from Gustavia, St. Jean and Flamands and our view was jaw dropping.

https://hotelmanapany-stbarth.com

Thank you for the information. I was not aware the renovations were over such a long period of time. I guess it’s safe to assume most the pictures for the resort from previous years will be not be so accurate anymore. Maybe we will give it a try. Thanks again

Another hotel to consider is Villa Marie, formerly François Plantation, in the hills of Colombier. They reopened earlier this month. http://saint-barth.villamarie.fr/en/#!saint-barthelemy/home

We have been in communication with the Manapany through their renovation. From their illustrations and photos of work in progress and stated objectives, they are doing and have done everything right to make it a nice place to stay!

The hotel renovations that are shown on the Manapany website look very Balinese and zen. I may visit the Manapany's new spa or at least stop by for a drink during my trip this month and I will report back. We stayed in Anse des Cayes the last two winters and loved the location and views. We were a short five minute drive from Gustavia, St. Jean and Flamands and our view was jaw dropping.

https://hotelmanapany-stbarth.com

Jeanette, please do report back. We had lunch there many many yrs ago and hope to perhaps return for lunch again in early April. TIA!

We've also been in contact with the Manapany hotel/spa.
Apparently, the restaurant will be open starting the 13th but not the spa. They are sending people elsewhere according to their last email.

The Food and Beverage manager for the Manapany was previously at Hotel Taïwana. I have confidence in her ability to run her a first-class operation at Manapany. However, I have yet to see menus. I'll send an email...

Enjoyed lunch many times at Taiwana. Confidently, I will enjoy dining at Manapany as well on our upcoming trip.

The Food and Beverage manager for the Manapany was previously at Hotel Taïwana. I have confidence in her ability to run her a first-class operation Manapany. However, I have yet to see menus. I'll send an email...

Hello Kevin,

Is this a person that held that position prior to Octavio?

I thought I spied Octavio on the grounds of Cheval Blanc/Taiwana. Could not get in far enough to verify it was actually him though.Lots of trucks and hard work being done at that property.

Tim
When Pascal had his Italian restaurant at Manapany, the road going to it nearby had literally craters we had to carefully drive around, which was difficult, especially at night in the dark. With all of the road work on the island and the redo of the hotel, I was asking if the road was as nice now as the rest of the island. I presume the answer is yes?

I think it’s a mistake to presume so, Hopper . . . and I hope that early reports (perhaps starting tomorrow) will prove me wrong in my skepticism.