Bonito Reopening March 10

andynap

Senior Insider
947FA8CA-BD53-432C-A103-91B06477A1BF.jpeg

Made our reservation for April 30. Looking forward to enjoying the newly renovated space. Will be our 1st trip, seating early to avoid loud music, as I understand, it ratchets up as the night progresses. Any advice on what is their specialty not to be missed?

I wonder if the round swimming pool from the old Hotel L'Hibiscus is still under part of the dining area?

The Lobster Risotto is a must.
The pool was still there when restaurant was Mandela and it might still be there..????

And we ate at table on the flooring that extending above the pool water when it was Mandala years ago, 1st time 2nd time beef carpaccio...so good then !

Made our reservation for April 30. Looking forward to enjoying the newly renovated space. Will be our 1st trip, seating early to avoid loud music, as I understand, it ratchets up as the night progresses. Any advice on what is their specialty not to be missed?
I'm far from an expert, but from my visit the most important advice would be to get a table at the railing. It is just a great setting to sit there and look out over the harbor.

I'm far from an expert, but from my visit the most important advice would be to get a table at the railing. It is just a great setting to sit there and look out over the harbor.

On your next visit, check out a new restaurant, Ociela (formerly L'Ananas and Le Strand). It's below Bonito, on the same street, and also has a railing with a harbor view. Mediterranean menu.

On your next visit, check out a new restaurant, Ociela (formerly L'Ananas and Le Strand). It's below Bonito, on the same street, and also has a railing with a harbor view. Mediterranean menu.
They are also very nice. When I was wandering up the hill with a confused look on my face the manager/owner not only pointed me to Bonito, but actually walked us there and bid us a good evening. We were going to stop by for a drink after dinner but ended up not doing so. Will try next time either for dinner or finally that after dinner drink:up:

I took a ride last week up to the Colony Club. Kudos for walking up and down that hill.

Lol! I think the hill prevented me from gaining weight! I am usually good for about 5 on vacation. We actually didn't mind it. We loved the location because we hate driving at night. We plan on staying there next February. We will also be super closed to Bonito!

I wonder if the round swimming pool from the old Hotel L'Hibiscus is still under part of the dining area?

Kevin, I remember that when it was La Mandela( I think the right name), wasn’t it the same owner as Do Brazil?