Transitting SXM

Billdausch

SBH Member
We will be coming to St. Barts on Saturday, Feb. 3rd and I would like your advice. I have been following the discussion here and have heard some conflicting views. I’ll be landing at 2:20 on AA from MIA, with checked luggage, connecting to Winair.
What should I expect upon disembarking the AA flight, customs, luggage retrieval, checking in at Winair, etc. Would appreciate any advice from those of you who have been through this recently.

Not doing this route from SAV since AA put thru nasty schedule changes requiring forced overnites in Charlotte both direction, so I can't comment on MIA other than going thru there years ago...massive...but wondering why you're checking luggage...these days checked luggage usually complicates the flying in today's world process.

its pretty easy breezy bill. there will be a winair or sbc commuter agent asking if you are flying with them meeting the group getting off the plane in the immigration area, they will help with any questions and transfers. its faster than it used to be before the hurricane. luggage comes up quickly. everything is in the same area.

its pretty easy breezy bill. there will be a winair or sbc commuter agent asking if you are flying with them meeting the group getting off the plane in the immigration area, they will help with any questions and transfers. its faster than it used to be before the hurricane. luggage comes up quickly. everything is in the same area.

I wonder how is it on the way back, connecting from Winair to AA flight to MIA. Does AA reps go to the Immigration tent or the passengers are on their own?

since we always take the boat, not sure, but it was easy for us and faster than before. my guess its as easy going as it is coming.

Everybody we have spoken with that have made your trek post Irma have said generally all was ok. The main complaint is AA rather than Win-Air. We wish you safe travels.

airline deals.

southwest airlines from bwi to sju 471 dollars round trip sat, feb 24 coming back sat. march 3

winair 296 round trip from sju to sxm same dates. however you will still have to book a flight to sbh from sxm or take the ferry as I do.

I wonder how is it on the way back, connecting from Winair to AA flight to MIA. Does AA reps go to the Immigration tent or the passengers are on their own?
When we returned through SXM in November, they pointed us in the direction of the departures and from there folks were available and helpful in pointing us toward the correct airline check-in counter. It was no hassle (unlike TSA when you get home).