Eden Rock Pop Up Beach Bar on Lorient

bkeats

Senior Insider
After the tip from the other thread, I found this link.

https://www.edenrockvillarental.com/en/pop-up-beach/

Has anyone gone yet? Would love to hear more about it. Lorient is one of our favorite beaches and I have mixed emotions about something like this opening up there. It appears to be set up on the grounds of one of the villas on the western end past the old surf shack.

So is this pop up bar open to the general public or is it exclusive for those renting an Eden Rock villa.

I would imagine they will take euros from whomever shows up.

You are right Dennis and it is associated with a villa on the beach. I had a full report from a friend that went. No way to get into the water there due to coral etc. I was told 50 Euro for a transat but I have heard varying reports on that. Anyone is welcome but apparently not many people going. I will take a big pass.

"When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger and one represents opportunity" - John F Kennedy, Convocation of the United Negro College Fund, Indianapolis, IN. April 12, 1959.

A valid underlying point even if it is based on a "fundamental misunderstanding" and part of the "Tao of Pooh".

It is interesting to read here how, even in the pre internet days, something written in an obscure English-language journal for missionaries in China could wend its way through many channels (including the Washington Post) to remarks by the then informal presidential candidate.

Two pictures below of JFK in 1959 (more at their source, here). On the left is Kennedy "courting" Mayor Daley (on JFK's right) during the Dodger-White Sox World Series - a successful courtship that would later bring up questions about the 1960 election. On the right, it looks like JFK had his fans but may not have fully received name recognition on the informal campaign trail...

jfk59.jpg

In December this opened up. We walked in looked around and walked out. The beach is so rocky the sand felt fake. Like it was brought in From somewhere. The beach wasn’t worth the fee. They did have a nice menu which I can post and massage tables set up and nice lounge chairs.

In December this opened up. We walked in looked around and walked out. The beach is so rocky the sand felt fake. Like it was brought in From somewhere. The beach wasn’t worth the fee. They did have a nice menu which I can post and massage tables set up and nice lounge chairs.
Not surprised. That end of Lorient is rocky and all swim at the far end.

Thanks for sharing this info. We were planning on going. Reconsidering now!

It is nice and breezy,and the view is lovely..It's a good option for a lunch on the beach..Burgers are very good.
Works perfectly with a glass of minuty
It is slowly getting busier,week after week.Clearly not the "sand bar"..But considering the lack of options for lunch on the beach,you might give it a try.

speaking of beaches, here are before/after EarMa photos for Flamands (that is Flamands, right?)

26734343_2076230525946408_4843261886732143571_n-2.jpg
26814679_2076230439279750_2269029216509744081_n-2.jpg

from Saint-Barth Pour Les Intimes FB

if your week schedule is very tight, you may don't want to take the risk to go and have a look.
If you can find a window, I'd say go.
Worse case scenario : you don't like it and run away. An hour lost, but at almost no cost (only gas).
Fortunatly, it takes max. 15 minutes drive from wherever you are on the island.
Or : you can like it, have a good lunch, and maybe spend some good time.
Tricky decision.

That is a very good point Laurent! We are visiting for 8 nights and can definitely spare the time to check it out.

That is a very good point Laurent! We are visiting for 8 nights and can definitely spare the time to check it out.

It is one of the only places on the island where you can have a good burger (angus beef) with feet in the sand...I forgot to mention "no french fries"
I would recommend the place for "lunch only"..Nicer to swim and walk in Saline for example (this year,swell might be an issue on several beaches,including Saline.be careful)

Thanks for the Flamand beach photos,Cassidian. (WOW..what a change in a few weeks.Just incredible)..A new hotel is going to be built there...It will be right on the water,it seems.