Washing Machine January 11

dadto6

Senior Insider
Enjoyed a great hike to Washing Machine. The weather was lovely. Only 5-of us made the final descent to swim at the pools. I was wise enough to wear good shoes, some listened to my advice, ones that made it to the bottom, others that did not make the final descent had slippery smooth bottom shoes. There was rain overnight which made loose small stones slippery. The Grand Fond seas were raging which made for nice spray when waves crashed on the rocks.
Washing Machine 1-11-18 #1.jpg
Very enjoyable swim in the pool with no one else but us
Washing Machine 1-11-18 #2.jpg
Washing Machine 1-11-18 #3.jpg
Walk back made for nice views as well
Washing Machine 1-11-18 #4.jpg

You have a beautiful family, and I thank you for sharing your experiences with them on the island. I admire your adventurous spirit and willingness to handle the logistics involved.

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments concerning the people of St. Barth and their accomplishments since the fall's storms. What they've done on this little island in the past several months is nothing short of amazing.

Bill, I did not find it precarious, provided you have a good sense of balance and proper footwear.

Loved sharing your wonderful trip with your family. Such happy, glowing faces. How fortunate you are to be able to create so many precious memories! Thank you for posting all the photos and reports.