Photos of the St. Jean beach bars

EddyG

SBH Insider
Another post covered all of the details of Li'll Rock Beach Bar. On the Carib Cost Scale, I give it 5 stars because they charge only 3.5 euros for one. A beer on the beach at that price is a big thumbs up.

The La Plage Beach Bar is also open with 5 euro Caribs, same as before.

For me, these 2 are what beach bars should be like. Simple, informal and priced for all. At Li'll Rock it looks like many of the plants are still in the containers and can be easily moved for the next hurricane.

The best parking for both is at the public lot.

These are photos of the Li'll Rock.

pano_12es.jpg

DSC00168s.jpg

DSC00539s.jpg

DSC00541 s.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

And here is the La Plage Beach Bar

DSC00165s.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00568p s.jpg

DSC00573 s.jpg

DSC00577 s.jpg

DSC00570s.jpg

Great capture of the vibe Eddy. When we were there yesterday, exactly as photographed. Kinda dead today though. We were there just before lunch paddle boarding. Clever management to capitalize on opportunity.

They are like Pop Up Bars. I had been told that Li'll Rock was open 7 days per week from around 11 until around 8, but was closed today, Monday - maybe not one of their 7 days. All of the supplies were left out, so who knows.

Eddy if you love beach bars go spend a weekend on Anguilla you will not be disappointed

Peter,

L’ll Rock, very basic, cooking off of a grill, reminds me of Uncle Ernie’s on Shoal Bay, back in the day. Simple menu, cooked on Weber Grills. I would buy a Heineken for short money, walk 1/2 a beer down the beach, walk half a beer back, and do it all over again. At the end of the day, I could pretty much always talk both Pressure King and Uncle Ernie into a shot of Crown.

Shoal Bay and the late Pressure King...sweet memories of Uncle Ernie’s too. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane, Kevin

Peter,

L’ll Rock, very basic, cooking off of a grill, reminds me of Uncle Ernie’s on Shoal Bay, back in the day. Simple menu, cooked on Weber Grills. I would buy a Heineken for short money, walk 1/2 a beer down the beach, walk half a beer back, and do it all over again. At the end of the day, I could pretty much always talk both Pressure King and Uncle Ernie into a shot of Crown.

Oh boy, now you're bringing back memories. Uncle Ernie's rum punches could put you away for $2 each, and Pressure King was the only beach boy I knew who drove a BMW and owned a "cigarette" type speed boat. Shoal Bay was definitely the place to be on Anguilla back in the day. Unfortunately they're both gone now.

Phil

I have been to Janos on Anguilla and had my first lobster on the beach there - stayed right behind the bar. Orient Bay in St. Martin had many beach bars and I had scheduled 3 stays this season to hang out there, but Irma changed that. The white fence next to Li'll Rock is Emaraude Plage. No work to be seen there.

I remember when Pressure upped his lounges to the recycled ones from Casablanca. Shoal Beach was a white fine sand special place!

Correct about the small size Heinekens a buck each..Gwen who cooked on the Webers back in the day now has her own Gwens Reggae Grill on SBE. Uncle Ernie was a gem of a man and sadly Pressure was gunned down execution style at his home..

Yeah, I think those Heinekens that I was buying were $1 each.

The simpler the better. A little of the island spirit, a charcoal grill, sand, sun and blue water- Ahhhh! Thanks for the photos and comments!

They are like Pop Up Bars. I had been told that Li'll Rock was open 7 days per week from around 11 until around 8, but was closed today, Monday - maybe not one of their 7 days. All of the supplies were left out, so who knows.

Could this have somthing to do with how the bar is classified? Generally, there are different requirements (hygiene etc.) for fixed and temporary establishments and the number of consecutive days of operation that makes an establishment fixed rather than temporary varies. I have no idea what the requirements on St Barth are.

Or maybe the number of days in a week was modified in recognition of Sir Paul's visit to the island.