Photos of the St. Jean beach bars

Eddy if you love beach bars go spend a weekend on Anguilla you will not be disappointed

So right Peter.....like you said, Gwen’s is there w great bands on Sundays; and there’s so many more on each beach....but Elvis’ is about the simplest, and one of the most fun. I’m glad to see St Barths in this simpler way; and looking forward to checking these places out in February.

20 euro for a bucket of beers (6) is a great deal.

It was not open yet when we were there in Thanksgiving. But our family set up right near the roped off area several late afternoons to enjoy the beach and watch the last of the planes land and the sun set.

My wife and I visited Anguilla this past July and really liked it. We stayed on Sandy Ground in an apartment above Roy's and it was great. At the time there were at least 6 bars on that stretch of beach (Elvis' included). I've kept up with their progress post Irma and all of them on sandy Ground have re-opened since the hurricane except for the Pumphouse which was a total loss.

Soley plays there on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - from around 1 until 2 and 5 until 6. It's a small place, so reservations may be good. Call 0690 038 9586. Tell them Eddy G sent you.

DSC00599 s.jpg

DSC00602 s.jpg

Lots of people have covered up. ER, Emeraude Plage, the docks in Gustavia where different restaurants used to be. Beachfront hotels in other parts of the island. Lots.

But I guarantee, if Emeraude Plage's owners want to sell, they can easily find a willing buyer nearby.

you need reservation at the new bar on st jean.emeraude plage has only cleaned up what was destroyed no work has started.er tore down the sand bar and all the buildings next to it hotel rooms,bar and offices.la page not rebuilt yet,nikki beach says feb reopen,i say bears will win super bowl first

Emeraude plage. What is that? They need to cover for the big reveal? Please tell me it isn’t becoming part of Eden Rock
When we were there the middle of December, they started putting up the wall at Emeraude Plage, I think they were trying to hide the eyesore?

Attachments

• DSC_0678.jpg
    DSC_0678.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_8947.jpg
    IMG_8947.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 343
When we were there the middle of December, they started putting up the wall at Emeraude Plage, I think they were trying to hide the eyesore?

Hiding the eyesore is a big reason. Keeping people out of the area is another, both for security and safety reasons.

Hiding an “eyesore” (“ugly; defiling the landscape”) is an aspect of what’s occurring, no doubt. I think it’s also important to note the positive motivation in doing so — giving visitors an uplifting beach experience instead of reminders of tragic loss. In doing so, I believe that there’s also a valuable sense of anticipation created with the “wrapping” . . . holding promise of a new, beautiful, & exciting venue to admire and enjoy. I respect the expense & effort of owners along beaches who have screened their damage & repair work from the landscape.

Soley will be a regular at Lil' Rock and usually will be there from around 1 until 2:30 Tues., Thurs. and Sat. and/or Sun. And from around 5 until 6:30. All subject to change and on Island Time. Reservations are best, so call 590 690 56 90 24 and tell Steph Ed sent you.
And special guests join in.

DSC00631 e.jpg

DSC00641 e.jpg

DSC00647 e.jpg

DSC00649 e.jpg