St Barth Commuter

pghfred

SBH Member
We are currently planning our May travel arrangements. We have always flown Winair from SXM with good success. We were considering trying St Barth Commuter this trip. Is there any reason not to consider St. Barth Commuter rather than Winair other than fewer daily flights?

I always try SB Commuter first, less expensive tickets and nice planes... depends on timing, especially now in "tent city" you might to take the first possible flight to avoid a long wait...

We are currently planning our May travel arrangements. We have always flown Winair from SXM with good success. We were considering trying St Barth Commuter this trip. Is there any reason not to consider St. Barth Commuter rather than Winair other than fewer daily flights?
we have used them several times....they have wonderful people offering exceptional customer service.....last year my wife needed "assistance" thru SXM.....SBC provided perfect "white glove" service.....just great people....

Jumping into the thread. We have 16 family members coming to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary in Feb. While my husband and I have been traveling to the island for 10+ years, it will be a first trip for most (parent were here with us last year and fell in-love, hence the reason they picked it for their celebration). We are going to charter from SXM to SBH and have priced out both St. Barth Commuter and Winair. Winair can get us all on one flight, SBC would be two different planes. Would you pay the extra money to fly together on Winair or split up on SBC? Selfishly I want to be on the flight with the family to experience the flight together. Nothing else like it! An additional note to consider, I've never flow St Barth commuter so not familiar with the service/planes.

Last edited:
We are going to charter from SXM to SBH and have priced out both St. Barth Commuter and Winair. Winair can get us all on one flight, SBC would be two different planes. Would you pay the extra money to fly together on Winair or split up on SBC? .

SBC did a great job after the IRMA disaster.They deserve full support for that.I would fly 2 charters with them.In any case,planes are much nicer.

Jumping into the thread. We have 16 family members coming to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary in Feb. While my husband and I have been traveling to the island for 10+ years, it will be a first trip for most (parent were here with us last year and fell in-love, hence the reason they picked it for their celebration). We are going to charter from SXM to SBH and have priced out both St. Barth Commuter and Winair. Winair can get us all on one flight, SBC would be two different planes. Would you pay the extra money to fly together on Winair or split up on SBC? Selfishly I want to be on the flight with the family to experience the flight together. Nothing else like it! An additional note to consider, I've never flow St Barth commuter so not familiar with the service/planes.

Hands down I'd go with SBC!

Well, you can save roughly $2500 with SBC. That equates to a lot of awesome champagne. Fwiw, for the first time ever, I will be using SBC this April for 6 of us.

Well, you can save roughly $2500 with SBC. That equates to a lot of awesome champagne. Fwiw, for the first time ever, I will be using SBC this April for 6 of us.
The extra credit card charge with Winair always sicks in my craw- whatever that is.