Dinner at Black Ginger 12/9

BAM

SBH Insider
We decided to go to Black Ginger after attending Saturday Vigil Mass in Gustavia. Both were wonderful. The church looked to be in great shape and so good to attend, even though I am married to a Catholic, I am not one myself. Anyway...

Black Ginger did not have extensive damage from Irma, but of course, lots of clean up etc. Dominic was so welcoming and the staff was as well. While I failed to take photos, each course was more brilliant than the previous. Starter specials of Mahi-Mahi salad, and chicken and shrimp dumplings were mind-blowing. Green curry with chicken for my main, while the Mrs. had the Massiman chicken curry, both with jasmine rice. Just perfection. Outstanding mojito cocktails and Singha bier were perfect accompaniment to the meal. There was a dessert special that we certainly did not need, but glad we split it . Chocolate macaroon with homemade green tea ice cream.

May I just add, that if anyone is hesitating about coming to the island, don't. If you can get here, have a place to stay, come. Yes... it is a little different, but the weather is fantastic, progress is inspiring , the island is surprisingly green and the spirit amazing.

We have a few more days here, and so glad we came...