Charleston in February

Karen

Senior Insider
Hi all! Any good recommendations for dinner? I've only ever been there for lunch. We are staying downtown for my bday.
Thanks in advance!!

Edmunds Oust is another great spot. Husk is the most recommended place but I don't typically make reservations when I travel so never have eaten there.

Hominy Grill is good breakfast.

Here's my top ones in Charleston:
...Hank's Seafood
...Halls Chophouse
...Magnolia's
...SNOB (Slightly North of Broad)

Thanks to all! I've eaten at Magnolia's and loved it!! It looks like I have some research. I prefer walking down the street and popping in not sure how busy February is.

Charleston is always bizzy ! Sometimes even lunch reservations necessary no matter when. Peninsula is great, have the coconut cake ! SNOB always on our list since package I book at our hotel, or try to, has $50 gift card at SNOB or High Cotton across the street included. HUSK have only been to for lunch couple times & very good, & to the one in Nashville for dinner past May, good & pricey. Couple weeks from now HUSK opens in Savannah just 1/2 hr drive from our SC home. McCrady's has 2 different options for dining, see the website. Is there a way to pm you Karen ?

NancySC...I sent you a pm. Check private messages at the top of the screen. I'm pretty sure that Magnolia's and SNOB are on the list. Thanks again to all. What a great forum!

Update. So, we had lunch at Henry's which was good and so busy! Fabulous dinners at Magnolia's and Poogan's Porch. Forget the other lunch place as it was ok. Dinner at Ruth's Chris (we had a certificate) and it was good, as usual. Ate at the bar as I don't prefer their dining room. It was a nice trip with friends and everyone was happy. A good way to spend a 50th bday.

I love Charleston, but don't get to enjoy it enough. I plan to spend more time there in the coming years. I'm pleased that your 0 birthday was a good one.

My matching 0 birthday was at the Goose, and the meal was less than memorable. The best part of the night was leaving there, and having a Tarte Au Citron and Un Coupe, a Lemon Tart and a Glass of Champagne, at Le Repaire. I think that we then moved on to a reception at Hotel Normandie, which was only second to the Lemon Tart and the Champagne (but not dinner at the Goose), LOL.

I’m missing so many fun times at The Normandie! Maybe we can do a “pop-up” party there some evening!