Delta Flights

Tiffany

Senior Insider
If you have a Delta flight coming up to SXM, you may want to check it. We had to reschedule a trip in December because of AA cancellations and have rebooked that for next year, but we were also hoping to go in March for a week that "our" villa has open starting on a Tuesday. I've been monitoring Delta flights from ATL to SXM because they land much earlier than AA. I just checked today and from what I can tell, the flights to SXM from ATL have now been reduced to weekends and Thursdays. When I was looking at the Tuesday flight, 3/20, only 11 seats had been sold and it made me wonder if they could sustain that. I guess not. :(

Don't believe you can check and recheck enough all of the SXM flights of all of the airlines as adjustments and changes will continue to be made depending on number of bookings, and cancellations made by passengers.

I was just checking the flights for my weekly update and it appears that DELTA has cancelled all their flights into SXM from January 11 to March 29! Crazy, the flights are dwlindling down as we speak it appears...

We are Delta million milers......have a few million in fact.....BUT....their fare to SJU is double of American's...pays for my Tradewind flight...it's a principle thing with me...

I'm seeing on other forums that some who had non-stop flights from ATL to SXM are suddenly discovering that they now have an overnight in ATL, or even an overnight in SJU with a new connection on Seaborn, and are arriving a day later.

FYI: it appears that Delta has reloaded flights for January to March, 5 times a week though (no flights on Mondays + Thursdays until April). Geez!

Delta just cancelled all direct flights from JFK to SXM for April/May of 2018 during the week. We were rerouted through Atlanta for our midweek flight. But there are still direct flights to and from JFK/SXM on Saturdays.

Haven't checked in a while, but just noticed that Delta has moved the May ATL-SXM flight up an hour. Great for getting to SBH earlier, but now looks like we'll have to fly into ATL the day before.

Reminder..Keep checking your flight info, often, to make sure your flight still exists and your connections will still work.

Cautious? yes indeed. Better safe than sorry.

What worries me is making all the changes to accommodate the current situation only to have it change again.

Peter, just try to stay vigilant and on top of your arrangements. That's the best you can do.

To all,
Yes, it is difficult to say the least, what the Airlines are doing. However, we need them to get to our beloved St. Barths. Our frustrations are a Miniscule discomfort, by comparison to what the residents have experienced and have been continuing to endure. Keep the faith....

Just got off the phone with Delta. Our ATL-SXM leg moved up an hour (not covered by the 90min rule). The non-refundable flight was purchased through Chase points (thus eliminating virtually all options), but they were very nice and are willing to make a single change-fee-free change. Spending the night in ATL being the easiest option. Given that things are still in flux, I will indeed remain vigilant and readdress everything after the first. Crazy as the flight schedules are right now, it might change back.