Villa walk thru?

jason

SBH Member
We are planning our first trip next year to SBH and probably going to do the hotel route this time. There are a couple of villas we liked and may be interested in renting on future trips. Question: if the villas are not rented while we are there would it be considered rude to ask the property manager if we could tour them for future trip options? Thanks!

By all means contact the villa management agency - or the owner and ask to preview a villa. We have done it, and in some cases,
we've done it when there are tenants in it. In those cases we were renting for a different time of year (in other words, not trying to
rent it out from under the present tenants). AND - we've let the owner show it while we've been there. Happens all the time.

Lesson...even if you think the villa is unoccupied, even if the agent has a key, knock before entering. It is appreciated by anyone inside so they do not think it is an unwanted invasion. I speak from experience.

I concur completely with Amy -- no unannounced entry!

I also agree with Libby . . . our Villa manager, for example, endeavors to arrange visits of interested potential guests, even at times when the Villa is rented -- always, of course, with consent of guests in the Villa. (We've never (in nearly 15 years) had anyone who was uncooperative in accommodating requests for visits of prospective renters . . . people occupying the Villa seem to take the attitude that they may want to do the same thing some time! Plus, many of them like to meet people in this fashion!)

We are always forewarned about a Villa visit for a prospective rental, and also permission is asked as well. We have no problem with it and usually let the people know when we will not be in the Villa. On those occasions when we are there, people always knock and request to enter. Sorry about your misfortunes on this issue Amy!