AA runaround

andynap

Senior Insider
So here’s the story. If your flight change isn’t acceptable do not change the flight. Instead, cancel the change first and then book a new flight. Otherwise, there will be a change fee or a voucher for a future flight. What a mess. It’s too involved a story to post but I got half a refund and half in vouchers. I’m still calling to straighten this out. And for refunds,
call during the day when the refund people are working.

sounds like all the airlines are having issues... Jet Blue changed my December JFK-SXM flight which resulted in a 45€ change fee on Winair.. I could have cancelled the winair flight and used the voucher for another date and bought a seat on the 7th and saved the 45€ but I didn't think of that in time!

We had AA IAH-MIA-SXM for Dec 22- Jan 6 after several calls over several days to try to get a clear understanding of our options, we finally bit the bullet last week and had our AA flights changed to Barbados...no change fees, but we took it in the shorts regarding the difference in fares...we're also due a refund because our tix to SXM were purchased as 2 one-ways, and after an hour + on the phone, they claimed they were only able to apply the credit for one of the itineraries to the new round-trip itinerary, so they will havbe to issue a refund for the other itinerary. We also sent an email directly to the President. douglas.parker@aa.com .

Amazingly I had full refund of 2 tix Nov/Dec on my cc within couple days for SAV/CLT/SXM r/t. For another set r/t BGI, actually got 2 vouchers future travel from AA after the reissue, but did have change fee since AA said wouldn't help on tix for end March '18.
Lived in Wayne many yrs before SC.