Stopover in MIA on the way to SXM

Leon

SBH Insider
I wanted to ask anybody who traveled to SXM on AA with the newly introduced stopover in MIA: were you able to check in your luggage all a way to SXM without taking it out and re-checking in in MIA?

If you fly NYC-SXM through Miami (for example ),luggage will follow without rechecking
If you fly from Europe or any international,you need to recheck bags after customs ,as usual

Returning through Miami, it will be the same as any other return to the US. At the port of entry (Miami in this case) you must clear Immigration, claim your bags, and clear Customs. If you have a connecting flight then you must recheck your bags and clear TSA security before proceeding to the gate.

Returning through Miami, it will be the same as any other return to the US. At the port of entry (Miami in this case) you must clear Immigration, claim your bags, and clear Customs. If you have a connecting flight then you must recheck your bags and clear TSA security before proceeding to the gate.
Thank you, everybody. Our flight back from SXM to PHL is (surprisingly) direct (for time being). Don't know why AA changed formerly direct incoming flights to stop (and change planes) in MIA.

Looking at flight options now,coming from NYC,i would now pick flying to ANU and connecting on tradewinds or commuter...Seems better than SJU or SXM for the moment...Airport hasn't been damaged.

Transiting through Antigua is the route which I've chosen for next month, for various reasons. I'm not coming from NYC, so the connections require overnight stays in Antigua. Those who can take the early morning AA flight out of JFK can do the trip in one day. Those who take the late morning JetBlue flight out of JFK will just miss the connecting flight on Tradwind, and will require an overnight.

Winair now has service to Antigua, and may be an option for inter-island flights for some, but be wary of flights which require a connection through SXM.