Hotel Manapany Status

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
As we know, the hotel has undergone extensive renovations. The photos on their web site are impressive. It says there an opening for March 2018 is scheduled. What do people know about Irma damage there and if they suffered as other beachfront hotels did? Apparently they will move into the Le Toiny space of having Sunday brunches and quite a nice restaurant. We presume the roads into the area are better than they were as there was a considerable amount of roadwork done several years back.

https://hotelmanapany-stbarth.com

In the past 5 years I don’t recall 1 post about someone staying there in that time. However, I wonder if the hurricanes took out some of the rocks that were in the water in front and make Anse des Cayes swimmable.

We staid there some 20 years ago as it was our first time at St Barts. Fortunately for us Marion, the bar tender at that time said :get out of here". Rent a car and go here..and ..here and here. We did what he said and came back several times, but did not stay there, to thank him for we were clueless as first timers. Their beach like most hotels is horrible and the pool was worse. The lights went off overnight when I was in the shower and came back on 15 minutes later when the generator fired. To this day we thank Marion for getting us out of there and giving us great advice. He is our HERO. for a couple of clueless idiots from Pittsburgh. One hotel experience and 19 villas later, we still thank Marion.
George & Jody.

We staid there some 20 years ago as it was our first time at St Barts. Fortunately for us Marion, the bar tender at that time said :get out of here". Rent a car and go here..and ..here and here. We did what he said and came back several times, but did not stay there, to thank him for we were clueless as first timers. Their beach like most hotels is horrible and the pool was worse. The lights went off overnight when I was in the shower and came back on 15 minutes later when the generator fired. To this day we thank Marion for getting us out of there and giving us great advice. He is our HERO. for a couple of clueless idiots from Pittsburgh. One hotel experience and 19 villas later, we still thank Marion.
George & Jody.
Too funny.

Manapany was my first hotel stay 37 years ago and Marion was the bartender then and I concur ..he was a great bartender, a good guy, and a true lover of jazz who had some killer mix tapes he played
Manapany was a great stay for us and I was sorry to see it go downhill through the years but we moved on to Les Moettes and then to Les Residence

We also stayed at Manapany the first year it opened, also our first trip to the island...can still remember that bar....was the beginning of our love for the island